Discontinuing Verizon.net
JBDAR1973

Not sure where to post this, but I received this email supposedly from one of the news websites I visit that Verizon was discontinuing email support and I should click on a link to update my account.  Message looks real and has all the logos, etc., too.   Funny thing is I don't use a Verizon email address for that site.  Looks like another sophisticated phishing scam to me.  Any one else seen this?

Dear FireRescue1 Subscriber,                                                                                          

You may have heard that Verizon is shutting down its email service Friday, April 28. Our records show you have a Verizon.net email address associated with your FireRescue1 member account.                                

We would hate for you to miss any of our exclusive content and training tips for members of the fire service. We also want to make sure you continue to have access to your FireRescue1 member account.                                

Please take a minute and update the email you use on FireRescue1 to ensure you continue to receive b...                                

Stay safe,                               

FireRescue1 Team

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Discontinuing Verizon.net
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon transferred their e-mail service to AOL in Feb.:

Verizon Move to AOL Mail - FAQs - AOL Help

It could be a phishing e-mail though, in which case you may want to forward it to phishing@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes