Disabling Side Volume Buttons -- Kyocera S2720
VeniceUser

As I keep this phone in my pocket, the side volume buttons are regularly being pushed accidentaly. Often this shuts off my ringer and I miss calls.

Can you provide a fix so that I can disable these buttons? The phone has become unusable because of this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Disabling Side Volume Buttons -- Kyocera S2720
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VeniceUser, we never want you to be missing those important calls. This phone does not offer an option to lock the side volume buttons. However, you may set a lock screen code by following the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214246/. Also, as one that has used many flip...

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Disabling Side Volume Buttons -- Kyocera S2720
sir_louie_jr

I experienced the same problem as VeniceUser with this device and tried the proposed solution of setting a lock screen code but it didn't help.  The volume buttons still changed the volume even when the device was locked.  I tried it with both a password and a pin code but the result was the same.

0 Likes