Cosmo Touch Question
Jatavion

I recently purchased a cosmo touch and since doing that I have had absolutely nothing but problems with the phone- it shuts of when I close the screen, doesn't hold a charge, randomly deletes messages, and will do just plain bizarre things when I try to use various functions on the phone.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems similar to mine or if it is just a defective phone? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cosmo Touch Question
Opalsboy

I have had my Cosmos touch for almost three weeks, so, it is new to me as is yours.  I have had no problems of any kind.  None of the ones you describe or any other.  I have read a lot of reviews in dirrerent places and have seen that others have  had similar problems like yours.  Good luck

0 Likes
Opalsboy

I recently returned a phone so that I could get the same phone as a free upgrade (a Verizon teckie told me to do this). the object was to get my upgrade renewal date reset to the original date to allow me to choose the free phone.  Now the returned phone has been received by Verizon (6 days and counting).  My date has not been reset.  I want to know what lenght of time should I expect to pass before this happens.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for the information provided. 

Jatavion, I can understand your discontent with the device. This is not a known issue with the LG Cosmos Touch. I would like to assist you further if this has not been resolved. Please send me a PM with your mobile number. We would need to manually troubleshoot the device to determine what the issue is. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Opalsboy wrote:

I recently returned a phone so that I could get the same phone as a free upgrade (a Verizon teckie told me to do this). the object was to get my upgrade renewal date reset to the original date to allow me to choose the free phone.  Now the returned phone has been received by Verizon (6 days and counting).  My date has not been reset.  I want to know what lenght of time should I expect to pass before this happens.

Hi Opalsboy,

How long did you have your current device before you returned it to our warehouse? Were you doing this for getting a certified like new replacement device? In returning a device to our warehouse, this action would not reset your upgrade date. This is because an upgrade is not involved. You should have received a replacement device in exchange for a defective device after we had performed some troubleshooting steps. This exchange would have been offered under the guidelines of a one-year warranty. Please use this link for more information on our return policy.  For more clarification of the matter, please send me your contact information via a private message for reviewing your account. 

0 Likes
Opalsboy

Thanks for your reply... I did receive the reset and have already received the replacement phone.  Sorry I did not update the earlier post.  Verizon has been very helpful and courteous to work with.  I am very pleased with yall.

For the record... it took 9 days including two day weekend to get the reset and another two days to get the replacement phone.

0 Likes
HJR

The phone shuts off when I close my screen is a very well known issue with this phone.   The phone will reset when the screen closes, it resets with incoming text messages... piece of junk... LG has released several updates and software fixes and these phones still do not work properly.  Worst phone I have ever seen.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

HJR, it appears as though you may still be having problems with your Cosmos Touch, is that correct?

There was a software udpate that was made available in June which addressed the phone shutting off.

Make sure  you do have the newest Software Version: VN270ZV4

From the main screen, press Menu.
Press Settings
Press Phone Info.
Press SW/HW Version.
If you have the most recent software and the Cosmos Touch is still shutting down, you should master reset/restore the phone.

Restore Phone
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Phone Settings
Touch Security
Enter phone lock code displays, enter 4 digit code (normally last 4 of MDN)
Touch Restore Phone

****Permanently erases all contacts and user data. Resets phone settings to factory default. This phone will need to be re-programmed. Press <OK> to continue displays, press OK.***

Now, if you have the most recent software & you have performed a restore/master reset, then we need to look into your warranty & replacement options. Feel free to PM me and I can check it out. 

View Software Version :

0 Likes