Convoy 3 when I plug in the charger the phone turns off and charging symbol shows with message "battery disconnected"
MACNCARM

My Convoy 3 turns off when I plug in the charger.  The charging symbol shows (without action) and the message shows "Battery Disconnected"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy 3 when I plug in the charger the phone turns off and charging symbol shows with message "battery disconnected"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if you have a bad battery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Convoy 3 when I plug in the charger the phone turns off and charging symbol shows with message "battery disconnected"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MACNCARM, it’s so critical to have a working charger at all times. Let’s make sure this gets resolved ASAP together. We just need to get a little more information from you to fix this issue as proficiently as possible. When did this first start? Is there any physical or water damage to the phone/charger? Have you tried another charger to see if the same issue occurs? Have you been able to try the charger with another Convoy 3 phone? Does the charger still charge the phone properly despite the message?

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Convoy 3 when I plug in the charger - shows message "battery disconnected"
Danonshi

My Samsung Convoy 3 had this same problem  - but with new batteries (tried 2). The "old" battery works find for charging, but it's not holding the charge for as long as it used to. However, it will show charging on the novatel wireless cable NOV6620USB cable (DC140916) and charge to "full". The new batteries drop out of phone service when charging cable plugged in  - only difference is the battery, one for sure, possibly both, are brand new/never used.  

Details:

VZW: SAMU680BAT  DC151025  AB663450BZ 1300mAh - Charges fine

VZW: SAMU680BAT  DC150408 AB663450BZ 1300mAh - "Battery Disconnected"

VZW: SAMU680BAT  DC130424 AB663450BZ 1300mAh - "Battery Disconnected"

Cleaned contacts on last two, no joy, all batteries power phone fine without charger cable plugged in.

0 Likes
Re: Convoy 3 when I plug in the charger - shows message "battery disconnected"
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes