Casio gzone Boulder
Waffles00

ive been having alot of problems in the last couple weeks with verizons customer service and phone issues. but since my contract is going to end in december its "not their problem". so instead of upgrading and getting locked in for 2 years. i picked up a boulder. but it seems to be out of date and i cant find any updates for it.

does anyone know if there is a way to update this phone. it still works great and has low hours, but its on v9230m09 software. and the reception is very in and out.

I have a data cable coming in the mail. so i can connect it to the computer. but im hoping someone knows how to get it updated.

thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio gzone Boulder
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Waffles00, I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. We want you to love us and our service. What kind of phone do you have? Can you please describe the issues that you have been having with the device? Additionally, are you eligible to upgrade? Please give more info. We are here to help.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
Waffles00

i had a htc trophy that was replaced 5 times the first month i had gotten verizon. and the every one of them was DOA. the one that did work still had someone elses info and pics on it. so i was swapped to the droid razr m. The battery on the droid failed and shorted inside the phone, so it caused the phone to fail. well since i was told it wasnt covered by warranty and i would have to pay the insurance, i decided to fix it myself.  and it works sometimes now. but  i have been stuck with half a phone for a year now, and decided to switch back to an old c711 boulder. which i like because it works better than any smart phone i have had. However, being an old phone i cant find the update for it. i had called customer service twice and chatted on the online chat. and i have the conversations online saved. basically i was told to get bent and there was nothing that could be done. hence the boulder. so i called again and was hung up on. eventually i was credited 25 dollars on my bill and hung up on again. ( and i was never hostile, always nice as can be just trying to get a working phone since i have paid well over 1500 dollars in one year for a phone that doesnt work.)

anyway,  the boulder works. im just struggling to find an update for it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to offer those details. Your satisfaction is important to us and we are dedicated to offering you the very best device experience. I understand your concern with updating your latest device as the current version is outdated. The last update was released 4/26/10. At the time the technology only allowed us to update these phones in our store. Our best option would be to check with a local corporate store to see if they still have an update tool and that specific firmware available. http://www.vzw.com/storelocator
Occasionally these firmware updates can be discontinued and I am unable to guarantee availability. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes