Casio Exilim unable to receive text messages
monkeyroadkill7

I have the Casio Exilim C721. I got it about a month ago, and up until now, it's worked completely fine. A couple of days ago (Thursday night), I texted my friend, Travis, and asked him what he was doing. He texted me back "off work just now." Ever since then, every time I get a text, no matter who it's from, my phone vibrates and the outside says "0 new messages." When I open the phone, it says I have a new message from Travis that reads "off work just now", only it's dated Thursday night at 9:48. If I instead close the "new message" window and go to my inbox, I have zero unread messages. As far as I know, I can send texts (I tested with a couple of people on various carriers), but nobody is able to send me texts. Not myself, not other carriers, not Verizon tech support, nobody. I know I am getting texts because my phone keeps vibrating, but I get the same "0 new messages" alert and the same text from Travis.

I called Verizon tech support, but their script of factory resetting and reprogramming the phone didn't fix the problem (I'm led to believe that it's a network problem, since I reset my phone and STILL get the same text that was on it prior to resetting), so they said they put in a request for someone like a network technician to call me back, which, surprise, never happened.

I do live in a bad place for reception/network usage, area code 95389 (Yosemite Natl Park), which is not in Verizon's regular network, so that might be contributing to the problem. Does anybody have any idea what might be going on or how to fix it? Texting is my primary method of communication, so I would like to be able to get this resolved

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio Exilim unable to receive text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a head scratching situation,monkeyroadkill7.
Since you have done all troubleshooting steps and it is still happening, we can proceed with the resolution ticket to determine if this is a problem with the network.
Do you know if anyone else has VZW in your area that may also have texting issues?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
monkeyroadkill7

I do not know of anybody with Verizon who has this issue, but I do know of several people that have Verizon that do not have this issue. What do I need to do to continue with the resolution ticket?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there monkeyroadkill7,

Let's keep those text messages flowing through. Can you make and receive calls ok?

I absolutely can continue with the resolution ticket. I have already followed you. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number so I can reach out to you and get the ticket process started. Here are the steps to dm,http://vz.to/17zF2vO.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes