Can't transfer mp3 from phone to SD card
Esprix

I downloaded a song to my LG enV Touch's phone memory, and for some reason cannot transfer it to my SD card.  I bought it through Vcast Music. It is *not* locked or protected in any way.  All my other music easily transferred over, but this last one is stuck on there and I can't get it onto the card.

Can anyone make any suggestions on either what might be wrong, or what I can do?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't transfer mp3 from phone to SD card
Not applicable

I don't think that we are on the same page yet.  The vzam.net site is generally where you get VZ Access Manager, but when you go to vzam.net/vcastmusic, it gives you music-loading software which does have a copy of every song you purchased from your phone waiting for you to download to your desktop.

Once you download the Vcast Music with Rhapsody software, this paragraph is important here: Click My Account> Manage My Account. You may need to enter your password again.  Then Click Downloads, select the desired music then click Download Tracks.  This will allow you to bring a copy of the song to your computer.  Plug in your phone, transfer it, and you're all done! This requires no subscription to Vcast Music Rhapsody, it's just the software we use to load music.

This is important: Try putting that SD card into the Droid and see if the music will play.  Often times, it will show the track but not be able to play it because the DRM rights are stored on your EnV Touch phone.  BTW there are great MP3 download apps in the Market if you want get new music. Otherwise, if the music doesn't play on the Droid from the SD card on the EnV, you can download a copy of your music into the Vcast Music with Rhapsody software then transfer it to the SD card of the Droid.

Here's a direct link to download Vcast Music with Rhapsody.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

There could be several things that are going on.  If you stored the song to the phone's memory from the phone, it actually is protected.  Music that is downloaded from the phone via Vcast Music is always protected.  Music that is downloaded from Vcast Music on the computer and transferred to the phone is not protected.  

When you download a song from the phone you get 3 things: 1) The song itself. 2) The DRM (Digital Rights Management) to play that song on that device. 3) A copy of that song on the PC which is not protected. 

You can download Vcast Music on the computer at www.vzwam.net/vcastmusic Once the software is installed, sign in.  This is the same login information as My Verizon on vzw.com.  Click My Account> Manage My Account. You may need to enter your password again.  Then Click Downloads, select the desired music then click Download Tracks.  This will allow you to bring a copy of the song to your computer.  Plug in your phone, transfer it, and you're all done!

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Likes
Esprix

This is very helpful information, so thank you.

I downloaded the software and it installed properly, and it did recognize my device.  However, when I try to connect, I get an error that reads "connection failed - connection not available."  My phone is plugged in and I have clear wifi and 3G access.

I should probably point out that my LG enV Touch is no longer in active service, but was my previous phone; I just bought a new Droid X2 (it was when I moved all the music from my LG to the SD card and put it in my Droid that I discovered I couldn't move that one last music file).

Can you offer me any further suggestions?  Is my music download history available through VZ Music for me to download it again, or is VZAccess Manager the only way to go?

Thank you again for your help!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't think that we are on the same page yet.  The vzam.net site is generally where you get VZ Access Manager, but when you go to vzam.net/vcastmusic, it gives you music-loading software which does have a copy of every song you purchased from your phone waiting for you to download to your desktop.

Once you download the Vcast Music with Rhapsody software, this paragraph is important here: Click My Account> Manage My Account. You may need to enter your password again.  Then Click Downloads, select the desired music then click Download Tracks.  This will allow you to bring a copy of the song to your computer.  Plug in your phone, transfer it, and you're all done! This requires no subscription to Vcast Music Rhapsody, it's just the software we use to load music.

This is important: Try putting that SD card into the Droid and see if the music will play.  Often times, it will show the track but not be able to play it because the DRM rights are stored on your EnV Touch phone.  BTW there are great MP3 download apps in the Market if you want get new music. Otherwise, if the music doesn't play on the Droid from the SD card on the EnV, you can download a copy of your music into the Vcast Music with Rhapsody software then transfer it to the SD card of the Droid.

Here's a direct link to download Vcast Music with Rhapsody.

0 Likes
Esprix

Hooray!  This did it!  Thank you so much for guiding me through this, as I couldn't find anything that clearly directed me anywhere near this solution.  The only thing I ran into was the DSRM permissions, and I went ahead and authorized my PC and it downloaded fine.  Otherwise, the installation and getting my files back went smoothly.  I was able to easily transfer the files to the PC card in my Droid.

It's also a little confusing where it says to enter your e-mail address to log in, but what you really need to enter is your phone number.  I'd suggest making that clearer.

Otherwise, I can't thank you enough.  I will definitely keep the community forums in mind the next time I have a problem that needs solving.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm glad to hear the steps fixed your issue.  I agree about the login part.  The forums are a great resource for issues like this. Enjoy the new phone!

0 Likes