Can't Activate My Gusto 3 (Wallmart)
stuckinaloop

I got a Gusto 3 last night, and couldn't activate it by texting, since it wouldn't let me send the message, and when I called, the automated voice said to "use verizonwireless.com/activate". Then when I used the website, it would error over and over again after I selected an area code, and would tell me to call. When I called, same thing, "use verizonwireless.com/activate", so I was stuck in a loop. I was browsing around trying to find something for help for hours, but all of Verizon's customer service either wasn't available or would tell me to use another form of it.The live chat wasn't an option, since I didn't actually have my phone activated and couldn't register for an account yet, and I ended up waiting 12 hours for my forum account to be "verified". It's unbelievable how hard it is to get any help, just to activate a phone. With TracFone I could literally just turn the phone on after I bought it and it was good to go.

I tried going back to Wallmart for help, but they said since the code was scratched off, there was literally nothing they could do to help me. So great, almost as useless as Verizon.

At this point it'd be easier to just dig up my old TracFone and buy some minutes online, but I'd rather not waste what I just spent on this phone and plan.

If anyone could help, that would be amazing! ❤️

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Activate My Gusto 3 (Wallmart)
TexasJazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

It sounds like you got prepaid phone, are you trying to activate it on prepaid service or is this completely new service? Because that phone isn't officially active on the Verizon network, that us why the normal dialing of *611 isn't getting ready you through. The phone isn't picking up that it a Verizon store phone so jts not automatically connecting you to their centers.

0 Likes
stuckinaloop

Hey, Texas. Thanks for the reply!

She (the Wallmart person) said the cheapest option was the $15 option, on this card: http://i.imgur.com/tTqIzEC so that's what I got.

The phone came in a Verizon box and has the word Verizon on the front of it, so I'd hope it's a Verizon phone...

0 Likes
TexasJazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason when I click on the link I can't see the image, I'm not sure if it's because I'm on my phone. That honestly sounds like a prepaid service, especially when you mentioned the scratching of the card. They should have a direct 1800 number on the card or the box. If there isn't one, call 18009220204 and just ask to be transferred to prepaid. Prepaid will, ask for the card info to get service started.

0 Likes
TexasJazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hope it helps! 🙂

0 Likes