Can I use a basic phone with a smartphone plan?
PatrickinSouthDakota

I've been looking at decently used basic Verizon phones to replace my busted Galaxy Core Prime. So far I've considered the LG Octane, LG Ally, and a few other basic phones. The plan I have is the New Verizon 4GB Medium Plan with unlimited talk & text, if it matters.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use a basic phone with a smartphone plan?
Weth
Legend

You can put a basic phone on the Verizon Plan. Line access is $20, same as a smartphone. If you have no other devices that use data, you may want to cut back on your data to the lowest 2 GB since you won't need it like you did with a smartphone. That will save you $15. Make sure you turn on Safety Mode so if you ever do manage to use your data, you will not get an unintended overage charge.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

You can put a basic phone on the Verizon Plan. Line access is $20, same as a smartphone. If you have no other devices that use data, you may want to cut back on your data to the lowest 2 GB since you won't need it like you did with a smartphone. That will save you $15. Make sure you turn on Safety Mode so if you ever do manage to use your data, you will not get an unintended overage charge.

PatrickinSouthDakota

Thank you, I was unsure and couldn't find a straight answer online

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG Ally is a smartphone. A really old one though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes