Can I replace my daughter's basic phone on our family plan without triggering a 2-year extension? Maybe buying an unlocked phone on amazon?
arlenejg

Can I replace my daughter's basic phone on our family plan without triggering a 2-year extension? Maybe buying an unlocked phone on amazon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I replace my daughter's basic phone on our family plan without triggering a 2-year extension? Maybe buying an unlocked phone on amazon?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replacing your daughter's basic phone with another Verizon branded basic phone will not trigger an extension - in fact, the only thing that WILL trigger an extension is purchasing a discounted phone through Verizon or one of it's affiliates.

swappa.com, Amazon (if it is NOT a contract phone, read the fine print!), eBay private party sellers, a friend who may have a spare phone they are willing to sell you or let you borrow... all are good sources of phones that will not extend your contract.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I replace my daughter's basic phone on our family plan without triggering a 2-year extension? Maybe buying an unlocked phone on amazon?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replacing your daughter's basic phone with another Verizon branded basic phone will not trigger an extension - in fact, the only thing that WILL trigger an extension is purchasing a discounted phone through Verizon or one of it's affiliates.

swappa.com, Amazon (if it is NOT a contract phone, read the fine print!), eBay private party sellers, a friend who may have a spare phone they are willing to sell you or let you borrow... all are good sources of phones that will not extend your contract.

arlenejg

Thank you so much! I got through to a Verizon customer service person who told me the same thing. I find phones and plans all so confusing! Picked up a sweet LG EnV3 for my daughter on ebay--best texting phone I've ever had! Thank you again, so nice for you to reply!

0 Likes