Re: Basic phone that will work after 12/2019
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TODD333. We definitely understand your concern. We want to ensure you get continued service with the phone of your choice. Here is a link with information on our phones that will work with our future network: https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

ChristianP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
todd333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you answer me this question will either of these phones still work going forward?

Samsung stratosphere II  or LG extrovert 2  I do not see them on  the list of discontinued phones.  both of them show up on their manufactures pages for supported phones Does that mean if they are on the supported list they will be going forward or just right now TILL the change?

I do not need the latest and greatest technology  just one that  will work going forward. quite honestly I don't want a "smart" phone

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung stratosphere II  <<<---- No.

LG extrovert 2  <<<---- No.

Both use the CDMA radios to make voice calls. You need a phone capable of HD Voice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI the Samsung stratosphere II is a smartphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
todd333
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes I saw that before I posted it. you seem pretty knowledgeable. do you know of a phone that meets what I'm looking for that will work going forward. Again doesn't have to be a new phone there are plenty of places to get refurbished and or new old stock units.  looking for idea's  the Samsung said it was 4G ...

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

we keep telling you the phones on the website which we already posted the link are the only ones that will work. Are you going to keep asking the same question until you get an answer you want to hear or accept the truth

0 Likes
todd333
Enthusiast - Level 3

[removed]

your not reading it fully. I don't want the latest and greatest phone don't need it. if it's a smart phone that is a year or 2 old that will continue to work going forward then fine. Verizon's web site for phones is not very clear. they have a list of discontinued phones and then they have a list of supported phones some of the phones on the supported list now will NOT work It guess it's just to easy to have a list on phones that will work going forward. and there is no reason to be borderline belligerent.  The basic phone I have now is NOT on the discontinued list I know it will be and it's on The supported list so they need to streamline their list. [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

If you basic phone does not have LTE and HD calling it will cease to function in 11 months. There are ZERO basic phones that will function like you want that work on Verizon. All the basic phones that will work on Verizon are for sale on Verizon. I am not sure how many ways I have to say that? Just go buy whatever phone you want and when it won't work well them maybe you'll listen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

todd333, it's important to us that you know which phones will work with our services from now on. Both the Samsung Stratosphere 2 and the LG Extrovert 2 are not HD Voice compatible devices, so they don't fulfill the requirements to be activated on our network. Does this help answer your question?

JesusG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vkjk
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you do find a basic phone that will work with the coming changes does not require a data plan and has a Qwerty keyboard, please PLEASE post it and where you found it, who it is with, etc.!  I am willing to leave Verizon if needed to get what I really want, if it will really work beyond the changes in wireless networks at the end of 2019.