Basic phone (non smartphone) recommendations
GlennWE

Despite being a millennial, I've never been interested in owning a smartphone. For the past 5-10 years, I've used an LG Env3 phone, which flips open to a QWERTY keyboard for easy texting. For the most part, it's been great. The problem is that over the past year or two, it seems to have received progressively fewer and fewer text messages. I'll get text messages, but they'll come through as glitchy characters, with the phone not being able to handle messages from certain smartphones. I'm guessing it has to do with texts from particular operating systems not being compatible with the phone.

Tired of messaging people, "sorry -- I can't read your text message," I've started looking into alternatives. I would still prefer to have a non smartphone if possible, but I want to make sure, if a purchase a phone, it won't end up having the same issue that my current phone is having. So, here's what I'm looking for:

• Can send receive text messages from smartphones without any issues
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • Can be purchased for under $50 (happy to buy used)
  • Non smartphone if possible

Any recommendations? I'm also open to recommendations of inexpensive smartphones (under $200) that may be good replacements for a basic phone.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Basic phone (non smartphone) recommendations
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest considering one of the LTE basic phones or moving to a smartphone. Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes