Basic phone for emergencies
dr18

Are there any Verizon compatible basic phones, besides those on Verizon's website? I just need voice and texting. This is an emergency back up phone. The requirements being good reception and long battery life. A basic phone also has a smaller battery, so would use less backup battery power to recharge. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic phone for emergencies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a backup phone can certainly come in handy. We would be glad to help! You noted you are looking for a backup phone that has good battery life, works for calls and text and fits within budget. We have a great selection of phones that may suit your needs. On our site you will find affordable basic phones that start as low as $5 per month that will not only fit within budget but will also meet your needs in regard to the intended use and battery life. Did you have any further question or concern in regard to any of the basic phones we currently offer? Is $5 per month a price that would work for you? If needed, you can review this resource for further information on the basic phones on our site. By hovering over the phones, you can select the compare option to not only compare pricing but battery life and other specs as well. https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, there isn't a list of compatible unbranded unlocked basic phones. The only compatible ones are sold by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

dr18

Thanks. $120 for a basic phone is a bit much...  A low budget smartphone may be cheaper - not sure about battery life... Any recommendations for good battery life for an emergency phone?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Unfortunately with CDMA shutting down next year, you need one off the website to get an LTE phone That will work in 14 months

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You probably know well a basic phone can last a week with use, a smartphone a day. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic phones you used to get for free with a 2 year contract price option probably cost more at the retail price. You just ended up paying more for the service over the two years for that "free" phone.

The $120 phone is $5.00 per month on the DPP over 24 months. If you had the option for a free phone with two year contract, it would cost you an extra $20 per month for 24 months. That is $480 over 2 years. Now which price option is easier for you?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

The basic phones you used to get for free with a 2 year contract price option probably cost more at the retail price. You just ended up paying more for the service over the two years for that "free" phone.

The $120 phone is $5.00 per month on the DPP over 24 months. If you had the option for a free phone with two year contract, it would cost you an extra $20 per month for 24 months. That is $480 over 2 years. Now which price option is easier for you?

Yep they sure did. No basic phones sold at retail for less than $100 and some were over $300. This was 10 years ago

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

dr18 wrote:

Thanks. $120 for a basic phone is a bit much... A low budget smartphone may be cheaper - not sure about battery life... Any recommendations for good battery life for an emergency phone?

For the record the $120 basic phones specs are much better than the best of the old CDMA phones. besides things like having LTE and HD calling they have wf-fi and even hotspot capabilities. Not to mention more storage, more RAM and faster CPUs

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a backup phone can certainly come in handy. We would be glad to help! You noted you are looking for a backup phone that has good battery life, works for calls and text and fits within budget. We have a great selection of phones that may suit your needs. On our site you will find affordable basic phones that start as low as $5 per month that will not only fit within budget but will also meet your needs in regard to the intended use and battery life. Did you have any further question or concern in regard to any of the basic phones we currently offer? Is $5 per month a price that would work for you? If needed, you can review this resource for further information on the basic phones on our site. By hovering over the phones, you can select the compare option to not only compare pricing but battery life and other specs as well. https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dr18

Thanks. Can these be used on a Verizon MVNO (Pageplus) thanks

0 Likes