Basic phone; calendar app, radio app, and shopping for apps without using data?
basicphonee
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a five part question about BASIC PHONES;

_

1. Is there a calendar app for basic phones that you can back up somehow, preferably on a MacOS or any other way?

_

2. Does that calendar app have options for repeat events like "Every 12th of the month or every 2nd Friday of the month?" for if you were to choose "monthly" for example?

_

3. Is every 2 months an option? Any other information about the usefulness of this app is appreciated)? 

_

4. Have you had any luck with an FM/AM radio receiver app for your basic phone?

_

5. Do you know of a way to look up/ learn about apps that are available for basic phones without browsing on your basic phone and using data?

_

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic phone; calendar app, radio app, and shopping for apps without using data?
basicphonee
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. Is there a calendar app for basic phones that you can back up somehow, preferably on a MacOS or any other way?

_

1. A: No. I went to the verizon store, and it took a couple tries, but I was able to get their phone to "go to the app store" on the basic phone. The closest you'll come to a calendar app is a self help app/book (Not a calendar at all).

_

2. Does that calendar app have options for repeat events like "Every 12th of the month or every 2nd Friday of the month?" for if you were to choose "monthly" for example?

_

2. A: N/A

_

3. Is every 2 months an option? Any other information about the usefulness of this app is appreciated)?

_

3. A: N/A

_

_

4. A: I didn't look as hard for this app, but as I looked through them all, I didn't see one that even sounded like a radio app, so I'd say there is none. (I'm guessing I looked at more than 300 apps, that was about all there was for basic phones.)

_

5. Do you know of a way to look up/ learn about apps that are available for basic phones without browsing on your basic phone and using data?

_

5. A. Go to the verizon store and keep trying to choose the "get new applications" option on their display phone until it finally connects. Then browse there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Basic phone; calendar app, radio app, and shopping for apps without using data?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

basicphonee wrote:

Google on your computer.  Basic phones are, well, basic, and" apps" are not generally part of the package. 

I don't know if there is a calendar for basic phones that will have all the features you want.  Again, Google would be my first source, and that may in turn lead to other options.

0 Likes
basicphonee
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SuzyQ

I tried what you said. Googling "calendar app for basic phone," "get new applications for basic phone,"applications for basic phone." I only got results that were about android phones, articles from a while ago about apps, and ads for schools that teach you how to make apps.

Not to be snarky, but apps certainly are part of the basic phone package. They have always had the "get new applications" thing you can browse through. I would just prefer to not spend data while browsing through them if possible. Sure they aren't as great as the ones for smart phones, but I just want a good calendar app that can be backed up. I figured it should be possible.

0 Likes
basicphonee
Enthusiast - Level 2

_

1. A: No. I went to the verizon store, and it took a couple tries, but I was able to get their phone to "go to the app store" on the basic phone. The closest you'll come to a calendar app is a self help app/book (Not a calendar at all).

_

_

2. A: N/A

_

_

3. A: N/A

_

_

4. A: I didn't look as hard for this app, but as I looked through them all, I didn't see one that even sounded like a radio app, so I'd say there is none. (I'm guessing I looked at more than 300 apps, that was about all there was for basic phones.)

_

_

5. A. Go to the verizon store and keep trying to choose the "get new applications" option on their display phone until it finally connects. Then browse there.

0 Likes