Basic non upgraded phone getting blank text messages
VALDAL46960

We have been a costumer of Verizon since 2009.  We were our parents family plan.  In September of this year we took over account.  Before then (with the same phone, I NEVER had this problem.  My husband has upgraded to another basic flip phone.  I have decided to stay with my Samsung slider as they no longer carry them--if they did I would gladly upgrade to a newer one.  Since September the problem has been getting worse.  At first only a few blank text messages, now a LOT more--pretty soon all my incoming text will be blank at this rate.  I thought at first it was bcs we had basic phones and senders most likely have smart phones.  Maybe my phone didn't support characters or something, but I have had sender send me and husband same text while sitting side by side and my husband will get the text I wont!  He has a basic phone also!!!  Then we tried having him forward the text and it comes to be blank.  These are basic text messages, just letters no emojis, etc.  What is the deal?!  Its like bcs our account was brought to attention and I didn't upgrade my text are being like--blocked or something!!  HELP!!!!  These (except my husband) are all the same phones we all had and were working fine texting back and forth before September when we took over account!! Nothing other than us being liable for account has changed!! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Basic non upgraded phone getting blank text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Valdal46960, I rely on my text messages daily so I know how important it is to ensure you receive them at all times. I understand you have been receiving blank text messages shortly after your husband upgraded his phone. Are issues only when you receive text messages? If you go to other menus in your phone, do you get a blank screen? What make and model phone do you have?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VALDAL46960

No blank screens.  Just blank messages.  I have a Samsung Slider--Intensity.  Phone itself, while older, works great.  Its the service!  No one has gotten a new phone, so why is it my receiving text messages coming in as blank messages?!  PS  the one person who has gotten a new phone (my husband) his messages come in fine.  Its EVERYONE else!! 

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

What happens when someone texts you just the word hello?

0 Likes