Backup Assistant no longer accessable from PC
GaryEvans

New Verizon Samsung basic phone with same number but the old contract account was closed and a new prepaid account set up. Now Backup Assistant cannot be reached from a PC. I know the old contacts list still exists because I was able to download it from the new phone. Many phone calls to tech and a wild goose chase to a Verizon store has not figured it out. We tried deleting the phone registration and re-setting it up with no effect. From a PC when I click on "Contacts" it takes me to a set up page for "Cloud" which isn't usable with dumb phones and trying to start the sign up procedure just produces an error message.   

I have another basic phone on prepaid for which the Backup Assistant works fine with the PC so it is just a problem with this one phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant no longer accessable from PC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite the mystery, GaryEvans. But I'm a pretty good sleuth. What model Samsung phone are you using? When you switched from your postpay to prepay account, did you reset your Backup Assistant account on your phone? Are the contacts you're looking for online still on your phone directly? If your contacts are on your phone, you most likely just need to reset Backup Assistant on the phone so a fresh backup can be performed and synced with your prepay account. If you can, try to delete Backup Assistant:

1 Open the Media Center menu.

2 Depending on device, select Browse and Download or Tools On The Go.

3 Scroll to the Backup Assistant app.

4 Press the Right Soft Key for Options. 

5 Select Erase, Delete, or Cancel Subscription.

Once the app is erased, re-download Backup Assistant from Media Center and complete setup. If you don't see the options in step 5, it may be that the app was preloaded on your phone. Here's the alternate method to reset it:

1 Open Backup Assistant from the Media Center menu.

2 Open the Help screen either by pressing the Left Soft Key or by accessing the Options menu and then selecting Help.

3 From the Help screen, dial *73738#.

Note: The Backup Assistant app should close, and the client will now be able to reset.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GaryEvans

Thanks for the reply Jennifer.

The phone is a Samsung Gusto 2 and no I had not reset the Backup Assistant after the account was changed. Yes the contacts that I had originally downloaded were still on the phone so I tried the reset procedure for phones with pre-loaded Assistant. After the reset and transferring contacts both ways I still have the contacts on the phone but nothing changed with the PC connection. It still takes me to the Cloud set up page when I click on “Contacts”.   

<< Email headers and content removed to comply with   Please remove personal inforamtion before posting. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details GaryEvans. Please send me a direct message with your mobile number so I may review your account and further assist. Thank you.

Tominque_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes