*611 not working on pay-as-you-go, non-smart phone
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

I have a basic, non-smart phone with the pay-as-you-go plan (pay $100, good for one year, all calls 25 cents a minute.) It is an older Audiovox 8615 CDMA phone that is mobile-web enabled, but it will not handle apps such as MyVerizon. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine. Voicemail works fine. Text works fine. I have had this account for two years and have been very happy with the service.

Problem: I can no longer reach *611 (add money, check balance), or #225 (check balance). I get an "All circuits are busy, please try your call again later" message. I first noticed this several days ago and have reported it and have a repair ticket in, but was wondering if anyone knows what might be going on here? I have internet service and a laptop, so can still use the Verizon Wireless web site to manage my account. However, I believe I should still be able to check my balance or add funds using the phone itself, as I have in the past. Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: *611 not working on pay-as-you-go, non-smart phone
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

Just got off the phone with Verizon Prepaid customer service rep who called to report on my trouble ticket. The problem is most likely my phone and not the network. She suggested doing a  factory reset on the phone and if that does not resolve the problem, I'll need to get a newer phone. Just posting this follow-up in case others have a similar problem.

0 Likes
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

Rather than doing a factory reset and losing all my contact information, I realized I could program a speed dial slot with the Prepaid Customer Support number (1-888-294-6804). Duh! This is essentially the same as dialing *611.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Catbird9, thank you for providing that information! We want to make sure that your concerns have been resolved. Are the other self servce numbers working ie, #MIN #PMT?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

No, those self-service numbers do not work. I get the "All circuits are busy" recording. However, my solution of creating a speed dial to Prepaid Customer Support (1-888-294-6804) has resolved the issue...for now. Thank you.

0 Likes