why cant I receive Iphone messages since installing the new updates??
gardinergirl10

Why cant i receive iphone txt message s since installing updates.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why cant I receive Iphone messages since installing the new updates??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely does sound strange. Let's get this figured out. May we ask what model device you are using? 

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Teaster8

Hi...I actually have a ticket into VZW with the same issue.

I had been successfully using Messages+ on my iPhone 5S and able to send/receive texts with all of my iPhone contacts (using Messages+).  I finally upgraded from 9.x.x to 9.3.5, and realized last Friday that I was no longer receiving texts from iPhone users.

When speaking to the very nice VZW developer / support person this morning, she indicated that I never should have been receiving texts from iPhone users while using Messages+, as the two platforms were different.  I shared that all was working fine until last Friday.

Obviously, something has changed.  I do more texting from my PC than my phone, and will be very disappointed if I can no longer use Messages+ to do so.

Any help would be appreciated!  🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see if we can find out what is causing these issues. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps prior to this post? I want to make sure that we avoid having you performing any steps that you might have had performed before.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dmonetc
Contributor - Level 1

You just need to turn your imessage off, restart phone, turn imessage back on. This should work.

0 Likes
Teaster8

Hi dmonetc...thanks for the response.

I'm getting iMessages to my phone, but not via Verizon Messages+.  Specifically, I am not receiving iMessages to my PC or mobile version of Verizon Messages+.

0 Likes
Teaster8

Hi HarleyE_VZW...thanks for the reply!

I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my phones several times.  The good folks at Verizon still say that Messages+ was never compatible with iMessages.  However, I sent the Verizon tech several screen shots of texts sent and received by iPhone users via the PC / Web version of Verizon Messages+.  Verizon has given up on me, stating that although they concede that it used to work for me, it should not have.  🙂

0 Likes