verizon - see ya in court
thossacco

March 6, 2015

I ordered a Verizon Apple iPhone 4s (with a $45 pre-pay calling plan) online Feb 28. It arrived March 2. I have spent five days trying to get the pre-paid $45 activated on the phone so that I can actually use the phone as a phone.

I’ve lost track of the number of Verizon CSRs I’ve either talked to (on my landline phone) and/or conversed with in online chats. I have screen-captured a few of the chats and have recorded nearly an hour of various phone conversations.

Apparently Verizon has several “factions” under the Verizon umbrella, including Verizon Wireless; Verizon Pre-Paid, and Verizon Online. I’ve been shuffled back and forth between all of them.

When I’m given a phone number or website to try to resolve my issue, I generally get a dead end. Verizon has a phone reply that, when you can’t make a relevant selection, says, “I’m sorry you are having trouble. Good-bye” and hangs up on the customer!

One of the CSRs I spoke to the evening of March 5 told me that one of the other CSRs I spoke to March 4 did NOT file a claim of inquiry or whatever they call it, to research why the $45 has not been put into my account. In essence, I was lied to by a Verizon representative.

I have a receipt; no one at Verizon has asked for the order number on it – even after I asked if they need/want it.

The phone received a call March 5 – from Verizon Customer Service. (irony) When I called back from a land line and gave them my new Verizon cell number, Verizon’s own system did not recognize my Verizon number and hung up on me.

Verizon has already taken the money for my order out of my checking account.  I’m baffled why they can’t find the payment for the $45 first-month airtime, yet have a record of me buying the phone. It was a package.

Verizon offers a 14-day return, minus a re-stocking fee, etc. I want to return the phone. There’s supposed to be a pre-paid postage label with my order. There isn’t. The website where I’m supposed to be able to download a replacement is inaccessible. For three days, I’ve gotten this message:

THREE DAYS of system issues?

I’ve wasted half of my 14-day “grace period” time just trying to get what I’ve already paid for. I think this is Verizon’s plan to capture customers.

Verizon retail stores will not assist with online purchases.

I can supply Iowa Attny General / Consumer Affairs with copies of the order, receipt, online chats, and/or an electronic file of several phone calls – which I’m a bit embarrassed to say, at times displays my total frustration and incredulousness over Verizon’s horrible customer service.

The only thing that has been a bright spot: I had asked for a 229-prefix Des Moines phone number. I did not get it originally as ordered, but one CSR did manage to change that. It’s a moot point if I cannot make or receive calls.

NOTE: As of 8:30 p.m. March 6, this issue has not been resolved

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon - see ya in court
mama23dogs
Legend

Did they send a SIM card?

how far have you got with activation.

0 Likes
thossacco

Did they send a SIM card? - ?Is there a reason Verizon would sell me a

phone w/out one?

how far have you got with activation. - the phone's activated

Tom

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

So the problem is adding money to the account?

you need help from someone in this forum with pre paid experience, which I have none.

i Suggest repost as "help with pre paid card". 

0 Likes
thossacco

NO ONE at Verizon has the solution I need. It's now with Consumer Affairs,

Ia Attorney General.

TS

Tom

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Even with my limited knowledge of prepaid, I can think of a reason the phone doesn't work.  You aren't even helping yourself, so why post on the community forum?

reason:  Sim sent with phone is for post paid plan, pre paid SIM card is different.

FYI. This is a customer to customer forum, NOT Verizon customer service.   Please remove the signature line from your post before you send on your mobile.

0 Likes
thossacco

go away

Tom

0 Likes
Re: Re: verizon - see ya in court
mama23dogs
Legend

This is a customer to customer forum. 

It is against community guidelines to post personal, identifying information.

You posted you phone number on the public forum.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

this attitude goes a long way explaining way you don't get kind caring help.  You do not even know good advice when it is right in front of you. 

DeathKitty1989
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to be rude, but I agree with Weth and mama23dogs;

You've posted your name, location and personal number as your signature on a customer to customer forum.

We all understand you're angry with the services you've received, or not received in some cases.

But to retort to someone who was just suggesting that you remove your personal details from your signature to "go away" just seems quite childish.

I'm sure people don't want you to receive aggressive texts or messages from anyone for being rude on the forums due to your number being posted, so it was a friendly suggestion that you take it down to avoid unnecessary instigation.