Re: iphone, sold as new, but contains refurbished parts??
mama23dogs
Legend

Awesome!   This is exactly what should happen.

There are times Verizon is right and customer is out of line.  NOT this time.

IM so glad your  wife got a new phone.   I live close to the Windsor store, I will make a point to shop there and ask for Chris.

0 Likes
KRIMOH21

I bought what I thought was a brand new IPhone 6s from the Verizon store on 45th street in Fargo, ND. After having battery issues I brought it to the nearest Apple Store and was shocked to find out that the phone had been opened previously and was missing pieces inside. It was still under warranty and because of a swelled battery, Apple replaced the phone. 

So I do now in fact have a "new" phone, but am very disappointed that the Verizon store sold me a reconditioned phone while charging me full price for a brand new IPhone 6s. This is unethical and when I contacted Verizon customet service, they wanted nothing to do with it. I'll be sure to share this with others and once the contract is up, will buy direct from Apple and switch carriers. Shame on you Verizon for the deception.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
KRIMOH21, it is definitely disturbing to see that so many people feel this way. We have always been upfront and honest about the products we sell. We do not sell refurbished devices as new. iPhones are manufactured from start to finish by Apple. That is why Verizon is not branded on it. The only thing we supply is the software and service. We apologize for any misinformation you have received. 

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ab62

This EXACT same thing happened to me. I purchased a supposedly brand new iPhone X. I unfortunately had my screen crack. When I went into an Apple store to have the phone repaired under my Apple Care contract, I was notified that the phone included numerous parts that were not manufactured by Apple. This included the screen, the camera, and several parts inside the phone. The Apple rep also stated that this is a common issue with Verizon selling refurbished phones as new. He stated that they use a firm called Asurion to repair damaged phones and place them in brand new boxes to pass them off as new.

Verizon is extremely deceptive. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM VERIZON! Purchase directly from Apple as that is the only way to verify that you are receiving a phone with correct parts from Apple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly not the type of experience that we want you to have, ab62. To confirm, was that phone obtained directly from a Verizon store, through customer service by shipping the phone or through Asurion directly?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes