iPhone won't send iMessage photos
Sachikoreece
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I take a picture and try to send it to someone with an iPhone, it takes a long time then tells me it won't send. It doesn't give me the option to send as a text either. If I send to someone without an iPhone, then it sends as a text just fine. All other kinds of text messages are sending fine, even iMessages. But photos will not send this way. I have turned my iMessage off and on and restarted my phone twice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone won't send iMessage photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sachikoreece We're sorry that you're experieing issues with sending text using iMessages. When was the last time it worked? Do you have wifi turned on while trying to send pictures over imessage?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response.

This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sachikoreece
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I believe wifi is connected when it happens, I can't remember if I have tried it when I don't have wifi. However, it was working just fine before last week. I am also having issues with my calendar. It closes out on me when I try to delete an event. That's been happening for months now.

Sachiko Reece

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the clarification. Do you recall if anything happened in the past week?

What we determined is that Verizon messaging works since messages work when iMessage is disabled.

iMessage is an Apple product, but we still want this to work as well.

We recommend powering the phone off/on. Clear out any threads of messages that you do not need. You should also reset the network settings http://bit.ly/QCxrjH which may also work for the calendar.

How much memory is on the iPhone?

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sachikoreece
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says I have 4.9 GB available in iCloud and 1 GB available in storage. I have powered off the phone several times in the past week and it hasn't fixed anything. I tried turning my wifi off to send picture messages and that's the only way I can get them to send. I clear out messages often as well. I will try resetting the network settings.

Sachiko Reece

0 Likes
Sachikoreece
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried the network reset, it didn't work. I talked to a few other people with iPhones, not all of them have a 6plus, and they are all having the same issues.

Sachiko Reece

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sachikoreece,

No need to worry! I am going to make sure we get you back to sending your iMessage.  Which iPhone do you have? Is the software up to date? Are you signed in with your iCloud account? 

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sachikoreece
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 6plus. I don't have my iCloud turned on for my photos because it was taking up too much space.

Sachiko Reece

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying. If its happening to several preople in the area. It may be an iMessage issue. can you send pics thru your messages app? What zip code are you in?

JoeL_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sachikoreece
Enthusiast - Level 2

As long as I turn off my wifi I can send pictures in messages. It just won't send through iMessage. Zip code is 31088.

Sachiko Reece

0 Likes