Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned this feature off. I am getting one signal bar and people are

complaining that my voice sounds distorted. Calls are periodically dropped.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on a call with WIFI calling enabled and the call dropped. I noticed

that this happened when WIFI calling switched to LTE... This is clearly a

technical issue with WIFI calling!!!

If I disable WIFI calling the signal is too weak for a stable call...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VLASHA68,

Oh no! Wifi calling should be a breeze. We appreciate the troubleshooting that you have done with us so far. Have you been able to test out the wifi calling in a different room?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi calling switching to LTE calling disconnects calls!!! Anywhere in the

house!!!

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VLASHA68, we're eager to see that this gets fixed for you. Let's back up a bit. I show you turned off the Wifi Calling but never confirmed if you were able to confirm that Wifi Assist was also turned off. Can you please advise if the wifi calling is off under Settings>Cellular>Wifi Assist (bottom of cellular screen)?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I use wifi calling a lot on an iPhone. I suspect what is happening with you is your phone is connecting to LTE when there is a small episode of better signal, but the signal is too marginal to hold the call and the call drops. If you turn off cellular and only connect to wifi, do the calls still drop. If my theory is correct, you will no longer drop. If you still get call drops on only wifi, it is possible there is wifi dead zones or something going on with your connection. What wifi router do you have. The newer ones with multiple antennas have much less problems with dead zones than older models.

I have no problem in my area with hand-off going from wifi calling to LTE. My phone doesn't seem to hand back off to LTE until the signal strength is 3 as long as wifi is strong. 

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned off the feature and retested. Bottom line is, that I have 1 bar

signal strength here. I have a really good WIFI connection but apparently

WIFI calling/Assist is not working properly! Recommendations?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VLASHA68, Alternate calling options are important. Turning the feature off/on is a step in the right direction. We recommend turning the feature off and unplugging your router/modem for about three minutes. Plug the router/modem back in and reconnect.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dlotrifbi

Was there any resolution to this issue?  I'm having the same issue (bad cell reception at home, strong wifi signal in home office and calls that I dial often fail when on Wifi calling).  I had an iPhone 6 and now I have an iPhone 7 and it's the same issue. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I have iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S in the household and all use wifi calling on regular basis without any problems. It hands off to the cell system when we are leaving the house and get out of range of wifi.

0 Likes