iPhone 6 reception issues
Katie5m

I recently got the iPhone 6 and my reception has been horrible. I had the iPhone 4 before this and had decent reception and could make calls and didn't have nearly as many dropped calls as I do now. I have tried resetting my network settings but that hasn't seemed to do any good. I've tried turning LTE for calling on and off as well. Texting and my data seem to be fine. It's just calling that I keep having issues with. Even when it says I have full service I still have problems with calls. It's starting to get frustrating and I'm not sure what else I should do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 reception issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Being able to send/receive calls is absolutely important Katie5m. Your signal strength should be better with the 6 then it was with the 4. I appreciate you taking all of the steps that you have so far. Let's do a little more digging. What is your zip code? Does this only seem to happen while inside your house? Please share these additional details.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Katie5m

My zip code is 61454. I do have the majority of my calls dropped at my house or else it will cut out a lot. But it has reception issues in other places besides my house. I was in the 52632 zip code today and it told me I had full service but it wouldn't make any calls and I had to reset my phone a few times to make the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Katie5m,

Let's make sure you get world class service no matter where you are! Did you notice any difference when you had LTE calling turned on as opposed to when it was off? If you go into your settings under cellular and roaming are voice roaming and data roaming on?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Katie5m

When I have LTE turned on for calling I didn't notice a difference from when it was turned off. And I have my roaming turned on for calls. But I have it turned off for my data. Unfortunately I didn't notice a difference with that either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Katie5m,

That's a big help! Let's try adjusting a few of these. Can you try turning data roaming as well as LTE calling on? I see a lot of extended coverage in the area and the data roaming can help us get the best signal. That's especially important if we're using LTE for the calling. Is it any better with both on?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
Katie5m

Turning the LTE calling on doesn't seem to make a difference. But you think turning my roaming for data on will help my calls? My data always does fine and I just don't want to get additional charges for usung data while roaming.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Valid question, Katie5m! The answer is yes, it can. We're reviewed coverage in zip code 61454 and found that you're located in what is mostly extended service area. While there are no roaming charges for using service in that area, the service may vary from what you would see within our national footprint.

DionM_VZW
0 Likes
Katie5m

I turned on the data roaming. It did seem to make a difference in the calls, but is still cutting out a bit (not as much as it was though) and still doesn't sound as clear as it should.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Glad to see there was an improvement! Have you tried turning the LTE calling on and off since trying this?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes