Re: iPhone 6 Dropped Calls and Poor Service
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Skidog, where are you located?  Have you tried turning off the advanced calling 1.0 under cellular menu by choosing data only under LTE and if so is it still occurring?

0 Likes
skidog24

Hi, Im in San Diego, Ca. I got the phone on Friday. Friday - Sunday was perfect. Didn't turn on the voice/date till yesterday. Today dropping like crazy. I just turned off voice and data, we will see. I think VZ is having problems with this new Volte. Will get back to you and let you know if turning off the voice makes a difference. This might be the problem.

0 Likes
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only reason I switched to Verizon now was because the voice and data were available simultaneously. 

0 Likes
retinapk

Happens to me regardless of voice alone our voice/data option. I suspect this is an ios8 issue.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
skidog24

Vz has been flawless for all the years i've had them, thats why i've stayed with them. Never dropped calls. If this is the cause of dropping calls they will be on top of it. As you see they are monitoring their forum and that is good. Hopefully this will be taken care of quickly. I just made two complete calls without dropping but voice turned off. As I mentioned I hope they are working on this issue and it will be resolved shortly.

0 Likes
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it is happening to me regardless as well.  I do not know how other iPhones were as I am new to Verizon so it makes me a bit worried.  I am on 3 bars of LTE right now and even then data seems to be loading much slower.

skidog24

Other people with IOS 8 iPhone 5/5S have not been dropping calls. In any case either Apple or Verizon should have this straighten out asap I hope

0 Likes
retinapk

This is what I get indoors. Pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
jtcommtech
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is actually a now well known issue for the iPhone 6 and 6+ and it is not only on Verizon. It is an iOS 8 issue specifically with these devices. People have been temporarily fixing it by resetting network settings and by changing WiFi authentication to WPA2-PSK (AES).

Otherwise I'm afraid everyone may have to wait for a patch which I'm sure will come soon due to these flagship iPhones.

0 Likes
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wifi has been flawless.  Issues are only when on Verizon cell service.

0 Likes