Re: iPhone 6 Dropped Calls and Poor Service
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If this were the case for everyone I would completely agree but it's not. I don't know what is going on but I know it's not consistently affecting everyone. Depending on what area in the Atlanta metro you're referring to I may be able to confirm that I do not have those issues. I spend a significant amount of time in and around the metro area...definitely long enough to clearly say that I have never had the issue on my device nor has my mother or my aunt (who lives in Conyers and works through out the metro area daily). We all have Verizon so we all have that in common along with having the iPhone 6/6+. I don't know if we somehow got extremely lucky (I actually don't know anyone that has had these issues personally...and the people that I know using AT&T only have issues in remote places that they tend to have even before they got the iPhone 6...areas I still get good coverage such as the North Ga mountains). But I have to wonder if it's solely that the iPhone 6 doesn't work well with LTE then why aren't we all experiencing the same issue? I haven't don't anything special to my device so I wonder if for some reason there may be bad batches of hardware responsible.

0 Likes
SpottedChihuahuas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues with my iPhone 6+.  Repeated dropped calls and poor connection on what is advertised as one of America's strongest networks.  I switched from AT&T because I got tired of paying for service I wasn't able to use.  I don't know that many people who like getting it handed to them up the arse.  It looks like I made another mistake by switching to Verzion.  I mean... Seriously?  How hard is it to stand by your advertising?  And if you don't, then what good is your word?

I have called support a handful of times to voice my concern and I always get the same responses... Reset network settings seems to be the most popular answer.  NEVER before have I ever been asked to reset network settings by any of the other major carriers in the U.S. that I have had service with over the years.  I'm not saying it's wrong, but I find it odd — particularly when told I may have to do it weekly. 

My hopes were so high when I switched from the crap shoot that is AT&T, but I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't work switching back.

0 Likes
DomC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm posting this to help some others if I can. I have Verizon as a carrier and had the I phone 4 and 5C and had no troubles. Recently I upgraded to the latest greatest I phone 6S Plus. I got so frustrated that I was going to return the phones and I love my I phones. I got three 6S plus and all three were doing the same thing. Poor call quality, dropped calls 90% of the time, my voice was going in and out to the other people I called and they kept saying hello, hello and someone would call and it would ring once and disconnect. Also I would send texts and they would say delivered and the recipient would not get the text.I brought them to the Apple store and they ran diagnostics and they came up good.  So here's what I found out and it's 100% the answer because it worked on all my phones and they're good now. One of the new features Verizon had launched was making the I phone capable on their network for HD Voice and being able to do two things at once like talk on the phone and search the internet. For the I phone this started with the 6 and above. The feature is called LTE. So what Verizon told me was that at this point they are working on the LTE towers being able to switch off or hand off to a 4G tower. Also they are working on Wi Fi calling being able to switch off to LTE towers or 4G towers. So right now that's a problem. The 4 and 5C worked on CDMA networks. The LTE network is not 100% yet so if your on a call and you are connected to an LTE tower and the phone switches to a 4G tower your call will become poor or get dropped. Same thing goes for Wi Fi switching. None of this will work mind you if you get connected to a 1X tower. So the answer is go into settings/cellular/cellular data options and under enable LTE put the setting to data only. This will keep the phone on the CDMA network and you will have no more call issues. The down side is that on CDMA your phone will do only one thing at a time. Not a deal breaker for me because that's the way my old I phones worked and I was ok with that. The good news is that once they iron out the bugs you will be able to turn LTE back to voice and data and have the phone capable of doing two things at once. They stated they currently are working on the issue and it shouldn't be to much longer until it's set. Now when XLTE becomes available which should be much faster any phones that are XLTE capapble will work and shouldn't have any switching or hand off issues. XLTE is NOT released yet by Verizon. I'm assuming if you have another carrier the voice and data setting will also apply to them if they are also having hand off or switching issues as well. So I hope this saves someone who reads this a lot of frustration and exchanging phones only to get the same results ! Again in short put LTE to data only until they fix their issues.

LMatsudaira

I live in 14850 near 6 mile creek gorge and I can hardly use my phone at home. It’s ridiculous as I only live 1.5 miles from Commons.  Have done a reset in settings, did nothing.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LMatsudaira

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your service. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. When did the issue start and is the issue only while in your home? How is the service once you leave your home? 

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes