iPhone 6 Dropped Calls and Poor Service
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone else experiencing poor service on Verizon with the iPhone 6?  We just switched from AT&T on both our lines to iPhone 6 on Verizon and we have dropped more calls in the past 24 hours then the past year on AT&T.  We have switched the VOLTE off as well and the same issue.  They say we are in strong LTE signal in zip code 85024 however, we are mostly on 3g or 1x.  I have reset network settings and removed the sim.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: iPhone 6 Dropped Calls and Poor Service
Weth
Legend

I bought a 6 and a 6 plus, both in Volte mode, and LTE all the time. The 6 did have an issue today of only being able to call out but not receive. The iPhone Reset Network Settings cleared that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CoreyPHX,

That's an amazing new phone you have there and we'll make sure you can enjoy it. As Weth suggested, have you tried Resetting Network Settings? This can help resolve many issues like this. You can find the steps here: http://vz.to/1ponrwi

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I have reset the network settings on both phones previously and the issue still occurs.  It seems that in many areas of Phoenix I am good with 2-3 bars of LTE.  However, near my house and the few miles approaching the service seems to be a an issue.  We are thinking of returning the phones, but we dont want to pay $35 per device since we were promised we live in great LTE coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CoreyPHX,

Thanks for giving that a try. We'd like to look a little closer in your area to see if there's anything that can be done before you think about returns. Do you have any main cross roads we can reference? Also, if you have any friends or family members with Verizon service do they experience the same thing around your home area?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

The crossroads are Mine Creek Road and Cave Creek Road in zip code 85024.  I have friends that live about 2 miles down the road with no issues at all.  I switched because I would occasionally drop a call on AT&T but have already dropped more on VZW in 2 days then the last year on AT&T.  I am really hoping to get things working!  Ive heard great things about Verizon.

0 Likes
retinapk

I am also having very poor service in Downtown Los Angeles with my new iPhone 6, where I previously had excellent reception with my iPhone 4,5 and my wife's iPhone 5s.  The wifi connection is extremely poor as well on Speedtest app.  I'm not sure if this is an iOS 8 problem or specific to iPhone 6.  I've even had Apple give me a replacement handset and exactly the same performance! I'm growing increasingly frustrated and am considering T Mobile as I can get calls over wifi to counteract the poor service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CoreyPHX,

We're hoping we can get them working too! Do you know, if you are visiting your friends, does your service improve? I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue specific to your home area or with the phones themselves.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
coreyPHX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last night we drove to Jomax and 40th street in the 85050 zip code.  We dropped calls twice in that few mile drive. I am at work now at Scottsdale Road and Greenway in 85254 and have decent coverage but seem to lose signal slightly more then when I was on AT&T switching to 1x.

0 Likes
skidog24

Dropping calls like crazy today. This has never happened on my iPhone 5 or 4.  I reset my network settings. I will be on a call and all of a sudden the called failed. Whats going on? This just started happening today. Friday through Sunday it was perfect.

0 Likes