iPhone 5s not receiving group texts
egkeller1

My phone has stopped receiving group text messages. I can send them just fine, but I haven't gotten any. This is a pretty active group tread, there are 3 of us and we text all the time, then suddenly yesterday I just stopped receiving messages, without any changes or updates to my phone. This conversation included 1 iPhone and 1 Andriod user, plus myself. I can get group messages that include all iPhone users (and therefore are iMessages). I can also get individual texts messages for both of the people in the group thread.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Turning my phone off/on.
  2. Reseting my network settings
  3. Reseting all settings
  4. Turning iMessage off/on
  5. Checking my carrier settings
  6. Deleting my message threads with these contacts, including the individual ones

What should I try next?

It's an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3 and my carrier settings are up to date.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s not receiving group texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
egkeller1 I want to get this conversation going again! Are all three of you with the same carrier? For the Android user, have they deleted their prior group messages and restarted the group conversation on their end?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s not receiving group texts
egkeller1

We're all on Verizon.

I have no idea if the Android user has restarted the conversation on their end (I'm guessing no). But she is sending and receiving just fine. I'm the only one having any issue. I can even send messages in the group thread. I'm just not getting any.

0 Likes