getting run around for promo from switching from sprint to verizon
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very unhappy about the treatment I received switching from Sprint to Verizon. I was promised up to 650 back per line. I was told I would get a text. My hubby and I bought our phones on Jan 1st. We had to put out $ 500 because we had bad credit and we figured ok we will get it back no biggie. If we had stayed w Sprint we could have just added $25 per line per phone for the iPhone 6 S. We waited a month and heard nothing. We went back to Verizon store and they told me just trade in my device no promo code or anything. I got the box a week later and turned in my iPhone 4S. Well another week and a half later I received $28 to my Verizon account. We went back to the store again and I'm given a promo code and need my old sprint bill which they scanned to my email. I cannot navigate the website that now I'm told to use which is Verizon.comswitch. Then I'm told because we didn't have an device payment or a contract to be bailed out of all I get is a measly 28 dollars? I've been lied to and spent extra money for what? I guess for some sales rep to put our sale as his commission. I feel stupid for believing all the lies and I want my $650 dollars or I want my old phone back. My 3year old could play games on it with the wifi. My hubby and I are going back to the store tomorrow to talk to the sales rep again and hopefully he will be able to walk us through how to get my money and how to do my husbands phone. His screen is cracked and we fix it if it's worth it. Anybody have a similar experience? Any Verizon managers out there that can help me out and restore my faith that Verizon want to show us some love? My hubby is so mad he wants to just go back to Sprint. Please help if you can!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: getting run around for promo from switching from sprint to verizon
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I might have done it right! Ha ha my hubby showed me how to do a screen shot so now I'm waiting 24 hours for a confirmation email. I will be in touch.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Froggodis-

We definitely want to restore the faith in us and keep you in our family. Seeing you want to leave to another provider is not what we want. Our promotions are always available for new lines that meet the eligibility so I am deeply sorry this is happening to you. Just to make sure I gather more info, can you please confirm when did you open an account with us? Were your numbers ported over and did you get new phones through our Device payment plan? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I opened my account on January 1, 2016. We bought 2 phones. The account is under my husbands name. No my phone numbers were not ported over. We had Verizon numbers from 15 years ago. We've always kept the same cell numbers. Yes the devices are on a payment plan and they are 25 dollars each a month. We have 2. I just want what I was promised.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Froggodis-

Thank you for your prompt response as I definitely want to get to the bottom of this for a prompt solution. What happens when you track the port in credit at https://www.yourwirelessswitchcenter.com/ , are you getting an error message or anything missing out that needs to be re-submitted?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wants the confirmation letter of submitting my device online and to upload it only has the option from a camera. I can't print my confirmation letter. It doesn't say anything about port unless it's after that. I think it wants my sprint bill too but I can't figure out how to get that from my email to camera . either. Maybe if I send this to you you can help?

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is copy of the old sprint bill.i don't know if u can help me figure out how to get this to them?

Sent from my iPhone

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I might have done it right! Ha ha my hubby showed me how to do a screen shot so now I'm waiting 24 hours for a confirmation email. I will be in touch.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great to hear, Froggodis. Keep us updated to make sure everything goes through properly. We want to make sure you are getting your deals.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KennethKimmel

I'm getting the same issue, did everything on 01/31/2016 submitted everything 3 times and now it came back with 'invalid, must be done within promotion period'.  Obviously it was and now Verizon won't pay up, i'm about to get an attorney and go to local media.  This is insane. 

0 Likes
Froggodis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes mine is still pending! 24 hours ha!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes