can the sim card in my iphone 5 be used in an iphone 6?
tec123

cracked the screen on my iphone 5 and want to get an iphone 6. can I use the same sim card ? if I buy through Verizon I have to forfeit my unlimited data plan and don't want to do so. I can buy the phone from apple without a sim card and have no hassles(its a business account) about changing my phone.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can the sim card in my iphone 5 be used in an iphone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tec123!

I'm saddened to learn that your phone is damaged! In effort to retain your unlimited data plan, you can purchase a device at the full retail price. Yes, they are compatible with the same sim card.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tec123!

I'm saddened to learn that your phone is damaged! In effort to retain your unlimited data plan, you can purchase a device at the full retail price. Yes, they are compatible with the same sim card.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

I know some who use 5 phones, switching the SIM card from one to the other.

0 Likes
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

The sim-free iPhone from Apple is not compatible with Verizon. You have to buy a Verizon branded iPhone at full retail price.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That is not true. The SIM free version from Apple has been reported to work just fine on Verizon. 

0 Likes
wynnnj1977
Enthusiast - Level 3

A SIM free iphone 6/6+ works perfectly fine with Verizon. I bought the SIM free iphone 6 from apple store few weeks ago and let verizon activate with my current account (unlimited data plan). Nothing changed. I switch back and forth between iphone 5s and iphone 6 (now I used iphone 6). So all SIM card (nano) is compatible, you shouldn't have any problem. Good luck-:)

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I echo what Weth has said.  My wife has the SIM free iPhone 6+ and it works just fine on VZW.

0 Likes
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

I stand corrected - that never used to be the case. Must be new with the iPhone 6.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, only with the 6 and 6 plus. All earlier versions your statement would be correct.

0 Likes