Re: Caller id
Talldend48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Neither, i had call filter but I uninstalled in the process of trying to fix this. For how long this has been going on... It's a new phone so new problem. I think I had the call filter plus as a free trial for 30 days

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Talldend48, it sounds like your line is still seeing the subscription to Call Filter. Please sign in to your My Verizon, select account, choose Add ons and review Call Filter. If you no longer wish to subscribe please cancel this subscription by selecting Manage. After removed please let us know if there is any change.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Talldend48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nailed it! Thanks. I had tried disabling the app. That does not work. If anyone else is having the problem it is several confirmation pages before it let's you remove call filter so make sure you look around before leaving the page. 

0 Likes
reallypeeved
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have had the same problem since the beginning of November, 2019 and is still ongoing. My IPhone 6 worked just fine up until then. Reported to Verizon and after three weeks they say, it's a device problem and not theirs. Interesting that other people are having the same issue.  All my calls that are not in contact list say unknown name instead of the phone number calling me, yet the locale and state they are from is shown.  If I go to "recents" it says unknown name and shows the number, so why doesn't the number show when the call is coming in .  All my settings are correct, verified by a verizon rep in store.  This is a business number and it's becoming more and more frustrating.  Hoping someone may have some insight into this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to hear you've been having trouble for so long with your caller id, reallypeeved. It's important this is being looked into and resolved. Since your number is a Business number, we would recommend reaching out to our Business Support Team at 800-922-0204 or *611 and send from your handset.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Sayhello

Same issue here!!! Very annoying as sometimes I know the number even though it is not saved in my contacts. once the unknown number goes away if I go to call details the number will show up and I realized that I missed the call. Please advise on how to remove this so that the numbers will actually show

0 Likes