Re: When the pre-order goes on sale for the iPhone 6s will we be able to pre-order from the Verizon Website, or will we have to go through Apple's website?
RajaHood
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Dridas In my case, ordering through Verizon is the only payment plan option I have. I would love to use the Apple Upgrade plan, but it required in store pick-up. I verified this with an Apple rep. Since the nearest Apple store is 5 hours away that isn't really an option for me.

@Loquat Based on the info I have found, the discount is if you have an off contract phone. The Apple Upgrade program in not a contact with Verizon, so you should still get the discount. It's kinda old, but here is an article - Verizon to give discounts to customers with off-contract phones | iMore

@BrownSugar67 - According to this page Verizon no longer locks their phones, so you are free to go anywhere with it after you pay it off. Device Unlocking Policy | Verizon Wireless

===Pertinent Info===

Device Unlocking Policy

Postpay Device Unlocking Policy:

• We do not lock most phones or tablets that are activated with our postpay service, either during or after the term of your service contract or Edge installment sales agreement.
  • We do not lock our 4G LTE devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.

==============

0 Likes
Re: When the pre-order goes on sale for the iPhone 6s will we be able to pre-order from the Verizon Website, or will we have to go through Apple's website?
Weth
Legend

The only thing to add, at least with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus is the unlocked version from Apple supported more bands and is a little better world phone if traveling to Japan or China which used TD-LTE.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

If you already have an Edge Agreement you can't pre-order the iPhone 6s you have to wait until the 25 of September. I spoke with a representative this morning. I'm starting really dislike Verizon what is purpose of pre order. They really need to go back to the Edge program

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

BrownSugar,

I'm on an Edge agreement and I was abe to pre-order without any issues.  If you're on an Edge agreement then you'll need to pay whatever is needed to bring your payment up to the 60 or 75% of the agreement or pay the balance off completely.  After deciding which way you want to proceed it should let you go through without any issues. 

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I paid over 70 percent any the representative said I couldn't pre order

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you try to preorder online, or just preorder through a rep?

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

BrownSugar,

I'd try again but I did exactly what the rep is telling you that you can't do and I have absolutely no problems.  Actually I was able to get in before the official start time.  It wasn't suppose to go live until 2:01am CST and I had already placed by order and received confirmation by 1:57am CST.

0 Likes
RajaHood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding the unlocked iPhone, if you buy direct from Apple, to use it on Verizon you have to get the CDMA version, which is missing the LTE 30 band. If you get the phone with the LTE 30 band, it does not have CDMA capabilities and will not work with Verizon. Verified via Apple Chat yesterday.

As for the EDGE program, from my understanding they discontinued it so now you either buy the whole phone up front, or you pay for it over 24 months (or whenever you go pay off the remaining balance.) On the EDGE program you have to have at least 70-75% paid off, then you can GO IN and trade your phone in. I don't believe you can do so online, because you can't turn the phone in. In addition, since you are trading in your old phone for a new one, you can't preorder because there is no new phone actually available to trade in for. That is my understanding of it anyway, I could be wrong.

Your best bet would be to pay off the remaining balance on your current phone (so it is now yours and you can sell it), then you can preorder under a new contract.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

RajaHood,

I was on the Edge plan until I just placed my pre-order.  And the Edge plan that I was on was an older one that only required that 60% of my device be paid off.  I use the program last year to move into the current iP6+ that I have.  I placed my pre-order this morning and had no issues.  As for turning in the device, they'll mail you return shipping info just as they did for my iP5.  I didn't need it this time around because I paid off my balance as I know I can get a lot more for my current iP6+ rather than giving it back to VZW for the small remaining balance that I had.

0 Likes
RajaHood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the clarification. I was using the terms as conditions as I understood them, but was apparently wrong 🙂

I used the EDGE to get my current iP6+ as well, but paid it off late last month so I could preorder and sell my current one.

I would still recommend paying off the rest of the phone if you can. You are probably looking at $200-250 maybe? And you can turn around and sell it for at least $400-500.

0 Likes