When the pre-order goes on sale for the iPhone 6s will we be able to pre-order from the Verizon Website, or will we have to go through Apple's website?
WillFedo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Curious if Verizon will have a seperate pre-order than apple will.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When the pre-order goes on sale for the iPhone 6s will we be able to pre-order from the Verizon Website, or will we have to go through Apple's website?
Weth
Legend

Just going by all past new iPhones, you can order on Verizon or Apple or Best Buy or .....

View solution in original post

Re: When the pre-order goes on sale for the iPhone 6s will we be able to pre-order from the Verizon Website, or will we have to go through Apple's website?
Weth
Legend

Just going by all past new iPhones, you can order on Verizon or Apple or Best Buy or .....

tbo27
Master - Level 2

usually vzw will let you preorder

Loquat
Master - Level 1

I'm just hoping that the pre-order experience will be a little better than the launch of the iP6 (which was a hot mess).  I noticed that Apple moved the pre-order from Friday @ midnight to Saturday @ midnight.  I don't know if it'll make any difference but I'll soon find out at 2am (my time) this coming Saturday morning. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Order from a carrier will ALWAYS be a hot mess. The problem is how Apple does logistics. Their stock and their orders first before they hand any to carriers. Has always been that way.

Dridas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would you order from Verizon, unless you are going to pay for the phone outright. Most do the Apple Care Plan, and the iPhone Upgrade plan through Apple will have competitive pricing to VZW's device payment plan, AND you get to upgrade in a year when the iPhone 7 comes out. It just seems like Apple is trying to take the device distribution away from the carriers.

I wonder if Verizon will offer something to keep people from going through Apple. Seriously though- I'd rather pay Apple for the device than VZ, and be able to upgrade in 12 months.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

For some, the benefit of using Verizon is the line access discount you get by using their device payment plan.  If you order directly from Apple...there is no guarantee that Verizon will still offer said discount to you...

amystery726
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, this is a point I hadn't considered.  And which no one else made!

BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I was wondering that also they also a lower deductible then Aursion. If you don't have good credit you wouldn't be able to go through Apple. I like the ideal you can upgrade every year. The phone will also be unlock which you use at any carrier if purchased from Apple.

Weth
Legend

Verizon may still throw a trade in incentive like they did last year with the iPhone 6 - I think it was $200 for any iPhone. I sent in a 4 and a 4S and got $200 for each. That may sway some on where they buy.