What are 'Carrier Settings'?
BDM3951

I have been getting a daily message on my iPhone saying "Carrier settings update.  Do you want to update now?"  I have been tapping the "Not now" button because it appears suspicious and I can't find anything in "Settings" to indicate there is some kind of update pending.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Strange Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BDM3951,

I know message like this can seem odd to receive. I have an iPhone as well and I’ve received this message too. Allow us to help. Carrier settings updates are small files that can include updates from Apple and your carrier to carrier-related settings, such as network, calling, cellular data, messaging, personal hotspot, and voicemail settings. I hope this information help.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BDM3951,

I know message like this can seem odd to receive. I have an iPhone as well and I’ve received this message too. Allow us to help. Carrier settings updates are small files that can include updates from Apple and your carrier to carrier-related settings, such as network, calling, cellular data, messaging, personal hotspot, and voicemail settings. I hope this information help.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BDM3951

Thank you. I will accept the updates when prompted again.

On Friday, December 11, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes