Re: Weak Verizon Signal from IPhone 6 at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate you trying that step, Thompson30. That would lead me to believe that there is no interference caused by a network extender. However, the software you have provided does appear to be behind. Are you also using an iPhone 6? I would recommend updating your software by going to Settings>General>Software Update.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
nycmk

I have been using WiFi since I got this phone. IOS 8.3  12F70.  No I didn't have to reset WiFi when I reset Network Settings. I am very inclined to think that it's a Verizon Server /  Network issue in my apt. I have Zero issues at work on Wifi - I need WiFi in my apt. My WiFi signal is excellent - router is Netgear. Let me reiterate - I never had an issue with signal in my apt - and Nothing has changed on my end.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

When you say when on wifi, Verizon's signal is weak, you are confusing me. When you are on wifi, getting internet has nothing to do with Verizon. Verizon is completely bypassed.

What model Netgear do you have at home? I would go to Netgear's support site and make sure you have the latest firmware for your Netgear router and update it if you are not on the latest. Even if you are on the latest, make sure you reboot the router by unplugging it and restarting it.

If you did not have to reset wifi password when you reset network settings on the iPhone, something did not go right. Whenever you Reset Network Settings, all your bluetooth and wifi settings are wiped out and you need to re-enter the passwords.

NETGEAR Support | Answer | What is the IP address of my NETGEAR Router

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

http://routerlogin.net/index.htm

That should take you to your Netgear router and you can check firmware and other settings there.

192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 should take you there too.

NETGEAR Support | Answer | What is the IP address of my NETGEAR Router

0 Likes