Watch out for Upgrades
dsylvestre
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was looking to upgrade my Iphone 6s plus (which is paid off) and my wife's Iphone 7 (I owe about 75$ on it) with Iphone 8 Plus's, so last night I went on the Verizon wireless website and started browsing deals.  I began chatting to a customer service rep named Jessica and she started explaining the offers I was eligible for.  Jessica seemed great, she offered me an amazing deal that I though was too good to be true; I was getting 2 Iphone 8's with a FREE case, car charger, and screen protector for each phone (she said it was free as part of a bundle deal).  Not only was I getting the accessories for free but she offered me her discount of $150 off each phone, waived the upgrade fee, and also a choice of a gift card or an applied credit with my 2 trade ins (which she told me were about 435$ total).  After over an hour of chatting I paid the sales tax on the 2 phones (160$) and went over everything that was just discussed, because like I said, it seemed too good to be true.  She confirmed that I would be getting both new phones, the free accessories, 40% off the wireless charging station, a waived upgrade fee, her discount of 150$ off both new phones, and an option of getting a gift card or applied credit trading in my current phones; the best part was that my monthly bill would only be 124$ a month (it is currently 118$).  I paid the 160$ sales tax and went to bed, thinking that the deal was done.  The next morning I checked my email and I saw an amazing surprise; a one time bill next month for 489$ and then a regular bill of 196$.  Jessica charged me full price for every single accessory, had me pay the 30$ upgrade fee for both phones, and did not give me her 150$ off every phone.  When I called customer service they told me they couldn't really do anything about it and that Jessica the great customer service rep, had lied.  I don't really understand how a company such as Verizon can do that to its customers and what makes it even more crazy is that they can pull up the entire chat on record and see that I wasn't lying or over exaggerating, it was all there in black and white.  Jessica even lied about my active duty military discount, stating that it wasn't on my account and that once I call customer service they can put it on (I had switched my plan to unlimited data and wasn't sure if my military discount had been taken off because of the switch).  I ended up canceling the entire upgrade and was just disappointed that the rep had lied and that, even though it was documented in the chat, there was still nothing that could be done.  I feel something should have been done; I don't care about the accessories, but at least honor what was promised to me.  All I wanted was 2 new phones and a monthly bill around 135$ a month, the gift card and accessories were just an added bonus.  I am at the point of canceling the service completely and getting a better deal somewhere else; its incidents like this that leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth, especially when it was all documented.  #disgusted

Labels (1)
Re: Watch out for Upgrades
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsylvestre, we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and we always want to make sure you're getting the best deals possible when upgrading your device. We never want to deliver bad news when it comes offers we make and we strive to be completely transparent about about our promotions. The best way to make sure you're getting the best offer is to sign up for our alerts. They will notify you when a promotions you might be interested in comes up. You can sign up by clicking the following link. http://spr.ly/6588DajeO

Jesus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
dsylvestre
Enthusiast - Level 2

The promotions have nothing to do with accountability

dsylvestre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would you allow trained professionals that work for Verizon, to offer these deals and then not stick to them; even when the conversations are being saved?  I'd love to hear other peoples stories of this as well. 

Npaulson421

I got 2 pixel XL 2s during their promotion of 300$ off per phone. Asked a rep if I qualified he said yes! So I hung up and called again to ask someone else (as I've been lied to by Verizon before). She said yes! So I get both phones and was told to wait 3-4 bill cycles for the credit to be applied to the devices. Nope. I call they said "that promotion is only for new customers". I'm not gonna lie I flipped out, they said "let me look into the promotion again" they come back and say "there was two promotions at that time and our rep must have been confused" and that I qualified for 200$ off each phone. Called that a win and will switch companies after these are paid off. It's happened twice to me now and it's obvious it's a scam. No loyalty at Verizon.

0 Likes
Paranoid
Enthusiast - Level 1

May 2019 and Verizon reps still scamming customers  I read the disclaimers and fine print and saw I wasn't getting discounts and maybe even dumping my current account and starting a new one so I terminated the purchase  Verizon lets this happen cause they get most of the scammed money and there is no longer any tax payer paid for gov't regulators actually watching out for public they just put in their time until Verizon will pay them off with high paid do nothing jobs  Trust no one Trust nothing Watchwords of our modern society 

boringusername
Master - Level 1

No one is scamming anyone. Here's an idea ORDER ONLINE. Then no one can scam you. In April 2018 I upgraded to a Pixel 2 XL, got $300 off, 2 months of Youtube TV, Google home mini, and a Chromecast. No issues. Not a new customer. Just a few months ago added a new line got the LG G7 for half off and also got a $300 trade in special which my phone was LG G4 which wasn't even worth close to $300 but was an eligble device. Anyway ordered it just fine mailed in the trade in getting the $375 credit for half off and the $300 trade-in credit over 24 months. Paying $3.12 a month for a $750 phone. I call that a deal

0 Likes