Verizon doing away with Granfathered Unlimited Data after iPhone 6 full retail purchases?
Gonzisupreme

I'm considering buying an iPhone 6 at full retail in attempt to keep my Grandfathered Unlimited Data. However, I am concerned that after I spend 800 bucks on a phone for this reason, that Verizon can choose to do away with the Grandfathered Unlimited Data at anytime, especially since I wouldn't be under contract. Those of you purchasing at full retail for this same reason, does this concern you at all?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon doing away with Granfathered Unlimited Data after iPhone 6 full retail purchases?
moreismore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could it happen? Yes. But I'm not very concerned about it. Verizon still has quite a few people on unlimited data plans and I'm not convinced that they're ready to incite the kind of wrath that abruptly ending it will bring.

I went ahead and ordered the Iphone 6 at the full retail price. If Verizon chooses to end unlimited data within the next two years, well then, one of the other benefits of paying full retail price for the phone is not being on contract and at that point, I'll start weighing other options.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon doing away with Granfathered Unlimited Data after iPhone 6 full retail purchases?
Gonzisupreme

Yeah that's a good point too. It's kind of a bummer that Verizon clear and away has the best reception. Which would make me wary of switching to another carrier. But I guess at the end of the day I'd have to do what I have to do.

I did speak to an online rep and asked if unlimited data could be removed with out my consent. She said it could not. I save the convo but I'm not sure how much that would hold up if needed in the future.

0 Likes
JuJuBreezy

After being told numerous times at Verizon stores that I could keep my unlimited data plan if I bought my device at full price, I just purchased a jetpack full price to keep my unlimited data on my mifi,  Now I see that Verizon switched it to my share everything plan.  I am being told that I cannot get my unlimited data for the jetpack since they no longer offer that plan.  How do I appeal this?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How many GB do you use each month?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I didn't know that unlimited data was an option on MiFi but only for phones and hotspot was not included.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JuJuBreezy,

Look no further help is here! Being on the right plan is definitely so I completely understand your concern. Your plan should never be changed without your authorization. I apologize this happened.

When did you purchase the Jetpack and when was the plan changed? We will need to take a look at the account and see what plan you were previously on. Please reply to the direct message I just sent you so I may access your account and better assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The old unlimited mobile broadband data plan is coded differently from the unlimited smartphone data plan. The two are completely different. Going from a 3G EDVO mifi to a 4G LTE broadband device (mifi, Jetpack, USB modem) will trigger the system to remove the old grandfathered unlimited mobile broadband data plan to a tiered data plan. This has been the policy since 2010 when the first 4G LTE USB modem was announced and released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes