Verizon canceled my iPhone7 Plus preorder and did not notify me. And there's "nothing they can do."
cheylounsbrough

I check my order status every day. I ordered TWO iPhone7 Plus, one for myself and one for my mom. My mom's came last week, and my order status disappeared. I figured since my expected ship date was 10/12, things were just moving on Verizon's end.

I called today just to check in, since my order status has been missing for over a week. I call, and the rep told me my ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELED (without TELLING ME). She said they charged my card on the 25th and the card declined. From that day apparently, I had seven days to update the card info. Crazy thing is, I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED.

I called back, and a different rep told me there was nothing they could do. I explained that at the Verizon store I visited back on 9/14, I asked the lady to change the email address on file, since that one is no longer used. She said no problem!!!!!

Except there is a problem!! My order is cancelled, and there's "nothing they can do." They told me I need to reorder, and I can expect my iPhone NOVEMBER 23RD. Nope. I'm absolutely livid, and customer service is no help. Clearly they do not want my business any longer.

My fiance has been wanting me to join his unlimted data plan on AT&T for a while, but I thought Verizon was the best network provider (until this very moment.) So fair warning to you people whose "Order Status" has gone blank.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon canceled my iPhone7 Plus preorder due to a credit card decline, and did not notify me.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Has happened before in the past. Not sure why you werent notified (unless updating your email address in the store is only for future updates and would not apply to open orders). Unfortunately if your credit card didn't have the amount available as it should have then yes...the order would be canceled. Have you checked to see if any of your local retailers have the phone in stock? I imagine if you ordered during the promotion and was planning on taking advantage of that this would be even more frustrating but at this point I doubt Verizon will do anything about that (doesn't hurt to ask though if you were originally doing that).

0 Likes
Re: Verizon canceled my iPhone7 Plus preorder and did not notify me. And there's "nothing they can do."
cheylounsbrough

The crazy thing is, my card was not decline because of insufficient funds. It was declined because the woman at the Verizon store told me that my MOM's billing address (the billing address on file) would work for MY debit card.

I questioned her, asked if she was sure it would not make a difference, and she said it would be fine. And clearly it was not fine!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon canceled my iPhone7 Plus preorder and did not notify me. And there's "nothing they can do."
cheylounsbrough

***I should mention, my card was not declined to due insufficient funds. It was declined because the billing address on the account was my mom's, but the card was under my name (different billing address). Best part is, the lady at Verizon said that would not be a problem!!!!!!!***

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cheylounsbrough, I would be disappointed as well if an order I submitted was canceled. We certainly would not want to lose you as a customer. Notification for any order are sent to the email provided with the initial order. If an address is changed after it is submitted it will still go to the original order email. Did you resubmit your order at all?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cheylounsbrough

Hi Alberto,

I ordered my phone in a Verizon Store location on 9/14. I asked the representative I was working with in the store to change the email address to my current email, which she confirmed she did. I did not resubmit the order, because the representative at the location said everything was good to go.

0 Likes