Verizeon Message not notifying on iPad
ilovetobowl022

Hi,

Since the latest Verizon Message update I am no longer receiving notifications of the received message on my iPad.  This worked perfectly for all messages prior to the latest Verizon Message update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Have incoming message sound on as well as notifications on for the App.  I used to get a message alert and audio sound each time I message was received.  Now I am lucky if I get 1 a day.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizeon Message not notifying on iPad
ebonyr_vzw
Verizon Employee

ilovetobowl022,

We want to ensure you can receive your audio notifications on your iPad device for Message+. Let's see what's going on. When in Settings>notifications>Message+> does it show Sounds as enabled on? If so, when in the Message+ app can you choose the Customize option and see if it lists a Tone for you to receive?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ilovetobowl022

Hi,

Allow notifications, show in notification center, sounds and show on lock screen are all set to on.  The sound works great when the Message + app is open and my iPad is unlocked.  Once I lock the iPad I get no sounds or notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot with us here. Have you tried changing to a different tone in the app? May I have the current version of the VZ Message+ app being displayed in App Store or in the app Settings?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ilovetobowl022

Hi,

yes I have tried different tones. This is happening on 3 different iPads tuned to 3 different accounts. Version 2.4.3 is what it is displaying. On all 3 devices the notifications will only sound when the app is open and the iPad is unlocked. If you lock the iPad you get no audio notification or the pop up that displayed on the lock screen. If you are in another app and receive a message no audio or screen pop any more.

0 Likes
pa19443
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is another thread covering what I think is he same issue:

Message+ messages are not syncing on my iPad

on my iPad, I no longer get notifications either, and when I go into Imessage+

I see the messages start to "come in." This does sound like a syncing problem.

the IPad does not appear to get any messages until the App is opened.

0 Likes
eric-nh

This problem was reported back in at least April.  Here it is late September and it still persists.  I just downloaded and installed Verizon Message+ version 2.4.5 on an iPad with iOS version 10.3.3.  Received-message notifications still only happen when the Verizon Message+ app is up and open, never when it's in the background while I run a different app.  It pretty much renders the whole concept just about useless.

Will there ever be a fix for this?

0 Likes