Time Restrictions on iPhone 5c Not Working
dclements21

I have purchased the Verizon Family Base service so that I could put time restrictions on my daughter's iPhone 5c.  They worked perfect until recently and my daughter is now telling me that she is still able to text after the cutoff time.  I have checked and double checked the setup and the times are correct.  For example, the phone should cutoff at 11:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.  This weekend, it never cutoff.  (I've also had her shut down and restart her phone, just to make sure that we eliminated that as an issue.)

Has anyone else had similar issues?  I don't want to continue paying for this service if it isn't going to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Time Restrictions on iPhone 5c Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dclements21,   FamilyBase is a wonderful service and we want it to work well for you and your daughter. The time limits set for texts would only apply to regular text messages. iMessages (messages sent from an Apple device to another Apple device) use either our Verizon Wireless data or Wi-Fi to send messages through Apple's servers. That means, because they are not texts, a texting limit would not have any impact on them.   This is easily fixed, though, so don't worry! You can simply turn iMessages off if you go to Settings>Messages and flip the iMessage switch off (so it's not showing any green). After that all of her messages will be regular text messages and you'll have full control over them through FamilyBase.   SarahO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Time Restrictions on iPhone 5c Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dclements21,   FamilyBase is a wonderful service and we want it to work well for you and your daughter. The time limits set for texts would only apply to regular text messages. iMessages (messages sent from an Apple device to another Apple device) use either our Verizon Wireless data or Wi-Fi to send messages through Apple's servers. That means, because they are not texts, a texting limit would not have any impact on them.   This is easily fixed, though, so don't worry! You can simply turn iMessages off if you go to Settings>Messages and flip the iMessage switch off (so it's not showing any green). After that all of her messages will be regular text messages and you'll have full control over them through FamilyBase.   SarahO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes