The app for iPhone is completely different than Android. H
julieharp
Enthusiast - Level 3

IPhone 5 Verizon support and protect. The app for iPhone is completely different than for Android.... How do you set up for auto scan.... Ex: I set mine up for once a week in early morning......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The app for iPhone is completely different than Android. H
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

julieharp,

Keeping your phone protected and safe is defintiely a concern for any consumer and we do understand wanting to get the most out of the application. With reviewing the features it does appear that the iPhone's application doesn't have some of the same features as the one designed for Android devices. At this time the auto scan option is one of the options not included. Here http://spr.ly/6581B6WF3 is some information on the iPhone version and what can be completed using the app. I certainly hope this helps but if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: The app for iPhone is completely different than Android. H
julieharp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow! It's hard to believe that this service is so much better for Android than his iPhone! It's usually the other way around....... I absolutely love my droid ultra, even though we kind of get treated like second best! So all it can do for iPhone is tell you your battery usage/life, locate the device or contact tech coach????? Seems like a rip off to me....... Meanwhile, with Android it can......do virus scans-manually or set a repeating time; scan all downloaded items for virus at time of downloading; locate phone by GPS; lock/unlock device from another device; contact tech coach; modify device permissions; erase data (entire phone if lost/stolen); restore data to same phone if found or to new device; that's just to name a few...... And all it can do for iPhone is tell you what's using majority of your battery, contact tech coach, locate phone?????? That is absolutely ridiculous!!!!  Is there a free Verizon approved app for virus protection/scans for iPhone? How do you know if your getting a game, app, music, etc.... That has a virus if there is nothing protecting you?

0 Likes