Enthusiast - Level 1

My SMS text messages will not deliver from Apple 6

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting problem with Apple 6
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

From my research and what I have read about this issue, it seems that iMessages can only text other iPhones. And when the users switch to a non-iMessages app, the issue was solved. I do not know if this will help you or not. But it might be something you can research about.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SDN,

Let's get your text back and flowing! Do you get an error message? Are you able to receive them? Let's ensure they are turned on on your phone, go to settings, messages, send as SMS (ensure it is green) and turn iMessages on as well. Please let us know if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SMLGerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also having problem texting from my iPhone 6 to people who have phones from other manufacturers. My research found that lots of folks are having the same issue with Apple's Messages App. I enabled the setting to "Send as SMS" and I still get the error when I send a message (in green) to another brand of phone. Error just says "Not Delivered" in red. That phone also cannot send me a text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SMLGerry,

Let's get your message service flowing again. Just so we are on the same page you are not able to send any messages unless they are iPhones? Have you ever been able to send messages to these phones? Are you sending as a group message?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SMLGerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got my first Smartphone (iPhone) and I have texted Ok with several other iPhones using Apple’s Messages App.

This is the only non-iPhone I’ve tried. It belongs to my daughter and I used to text back and forth with her when I only had a “dumb” flip phone.

Gerry

klg3853
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife is having texting problems on her iPhone 6.  She can only text me, I have a Note 4, and a friend of hers that has a iPhone 5.  She can't text with anybody else.  Started about 5 hours ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello klg3853! Oh no! Let's get your text messages flowing again! Let's verify on her iPhone 6, from her Settings > Messages > make sure iMessage is green/on, send as SMS is green/on, MMS Messaging & Group Messaging is on. And then I would recommend powering off fully to reset. Keep us posted. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SMLGerry,

I am truly sorry to hear of the issues with texting. We want to make sure you are able to enjoy texting all your contacts. Have you notice if this issue happens when you are in a certain area? Are you able to make calls to the other devices just fine?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SMLGerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

My device is Apple iPhone 6. The other device is a Droid. Texting works fine to other iPhones.

I have only tried texting to the Droid from this one location.

I have tried it both with Wi-Fi on and Wi-Fi off on my phone. With Wi-Fi off, my iPhone switches to Verizon LTE.

Gerry Lewis

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

From my research and what I have read about this issue, it seems that iMessages can only text other iPhones. And when the users switch to a non-iMessages app, the issue was solved. I do not know if this will help you or not. But it might be something you can research about.

0 Likes