Terminating
Landi_5454

If I trade in my device which is a Xs Max (Paid off) and get trade in credit put towards the purchase of a 11 pro Max, I pay what the remaining balance for the 11 pro max is out in full... can I terminate my services with Verizon that same day and go to another carrier? Even if I owe $85 for a phone bill that’s due in a week? 

0 Likes
Re: Terminating
rcschnoor
Legend

@Landi_5454 wrote:

If I trade in my device which is a Xs Max (Paid off) and get trade in credit put towards the purchase of a 11 pro Max, I pay what the remaining balance for the 11 pro max is out in full... can I terminate my services with Verizon that same day and go to another carrier? Even if I owe $85 for a phone bill that’s due in a week? 

You are making it harder than it needs to be. Why go this way at all? Why not purchase the device thru Apple, choose the unlocked version of the device you want so you don't have to pay an activation fee and you can immediately go with whatever provider you choose.

If you purchase a phone from Verizon, you are locked to their service for 60 days before Verizon will remove the lock for you. The device has to be active on a Verizon line of service for them to be able to unlock the device for you.

https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

0 Likes
Re: Terminating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Landi_5454, we are so sad to hear you say that, we don't want to lose you as our customer. We are here to help. 

We do want to state that rcschnoor is correct that phones manufactured for our network are locked for the first 60 days. So the phone will not be usable if you choose to cancel before that time frame of usage on our network has lapsed. 

We have sent you a Private Message, please respond only to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes