Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
DSears

The mail in Trade is a total Scam.  There are so many complaints its unreal.   My guess is that Verizon will re think this program in the future.  Its a public relations/ Customer service nightmare.

0 Likes
dmclancy

Just saw your post.  I upgraded 2 phones to the iPhone 6 ( a 4S and a 5S) and completed the online rebate form in the store for each one. ($200 for the 4S and $300 for the 5S).    Was told I would receive shipping materials in about 5 business days.  Waited almost 2 weeks and never received them (and still haven't).   Tried to contact some at Device Recycling Program - no luck.  Finally had to contact Verizon Wireless Customer Service. 
Was told they shipping materials were back ordered due to the overwhelming response to the rebate promotion.  Agent had me print shipping label from website for each phone.  Shipped each phone separately with Submission ID number provided.  Have been able to confirm that both phones were received in the "warehouse" on 10/21/14, however, as of today, 11/19/14, when checking rebate status both phones come up as "not received".  Was able to speak to someone in Recycling Program - was told they receive 15,000 phones a day - mine have been there almost a month - shouldn't there at least be an update online.  I knew it was going to take awhile to get the rebate cards, however, they should at least acknowledge they have been received.  Supposedly, any phone received after 12/1/14 will be considered "late" and rebate amount will be re-evaluated.  Have been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for over 15 years - certainly hope this isn't a scam.  Want at least some kind of acknowledgement that phones have been received and rebates are being processed and not at a lower amount then specified above.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
JOHNny39
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife initiated this trade in for an IPhone 6 deal on Oct 2nd online. They signed her up for a new 2 year contract and she received the mailer, and we sent her Iphone 4 back the other day. Upon going to the local Verizon store (on her birthday , no less) she was told that she is ineligible for the deal because her upgrade date has not passed yet! This was after chatting with reps who did not dispute that she was eligible on three separate occasions.Fortnately, she has my old android phone to use in the meantime, otherwise this could be worse. Needless to say, we are very mad at Verizon for leading us on this way, and initiating this contract if she was not eligible for the trade up. If we don't get satisfaction, we will have to resort to contacting the BBC, like other customers have done.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
KBash
Enthusiast - Level 2

But when you send in your old phone they find something wrong with it to not give you the full credit.  Keep reading the posts..

0 Likes