Re: Old iPhone trade in for iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how exciting this new iPhone is nonnyc! Currently you do have to be eligible to get the two year pricing for the new iPhone. But you can trade your phone in and purchase the device at full retail and take off whatever your trade in value is and put it towards that cost.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is an exciting device dasme, and a lot of people want to get it right away! If you have a line that's not eligible for an upgrade but really wants this awesome new phone, you do have the option of full retail or even possibly Early Edge http://vz.to/1fgoBWC. (You're not able to extend your contract from the current one year remaining, to three years.) To see what the value of your current device(s) is towards the purchase of your next phone, visit www.vzw.com/tradein. Pricing and promotional offers may change at any time, so keep your eyes on those sites and www.vzw.com/iphone .

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Beerstalker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since pre-orders start tonight, I think this is a pretty important thing that Verizon needs to get figured out now.

I personally am planning on pre-ordering a 128 GB Phone 6+, and paying full price for it.  I need a 100% straight answer on whether or not I am going to be able to trade in my old iPhone 4 and get $200 for it.  If not then I will most likely go somewhere else to make my purchase, and possibly drop down to the 64GB model.

It would also be nice to get a straight answer on if I will have to mail my iPhone 4 in if I pre-order and sign up for the trade in online, or if I can take it to my local Verizon store and get the gift card/credit right away.

Ranand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vanessa. Can you purchase the new phone anywhere and then apply for the trade in after and get the $200 credit?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ranand wrote:

Vanessa. Can you purchase the new phone anywhere and then apply for the trade in after and get the $200 credit?

It amazes me that people ask this question. Verizon is promising a trade-in value on the purchase of a new iPhone. If you don't make that purchase with Verizon, then why would they offer you a promised trade-in value. The KEY word here is "trade" as in I give you one thing and you give me another. If you make the purchase SOMEWHERE ELSE, the statement becomes I give you one thing and you don't.

When you purchase a car at a dealership, do you find the dealership with the BEST trade-in value and then go purchase the car somewhere else and STILL expect the dealership to honor that trade-in value without making the purchase??? I don't think so.

Ranand
Enthusiast - Level 3

The point of the question is that if on the pre order date i.e. tomorrow the servers get jammed and a buyer purchases the verizon phone via apple.com does it retain the eligibility. I think your parallelism is flawed as vzw make their earnings on the service not the handset. That is why the edge program exists. Hope that clarifies the question and diminishes your confusion.

0 Likes
jcb71542
Enthusiast - Level 1

++ Beerstalker 's question!!

Would also to know the answer to question #2, if we opt to trade in, can we go to the store to swap out devices, thus getting the gift card on site. Instead of 2 weeks later? I don't want to have an outstanding balance on my account for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ranand wrote:

The point of the question is that if on the pre order date i.e. tomorrow the servers get jammed and a buyer purchases the verizon phone via apple.com does it retain the eligibility. I think your parallelism is flawed as vzw make their earnings on the service not the handset. That is why the edge program exists. Hope that clarifies the question and diminishes your confusion.

I don't have any confusion. Verizon ALREADY has a phone trade-in program which you can trade-in your phone for a Verizon gift card WITHOUT making a purchase. The trade-in for a set value as advertised is specifically aimed at trading an old iPhone in when purchasing a new iPhone. If you don't purchase a new iPhone, why would you get the SPECIAL pricing for this promotion. I would think you would simply get the pricing on the normal trade-in program which goes without making a purchase. Hope that clarifies the answer and diminishes your confusion.

Possibly you would be able to get the SPECIAL pricing without making a purchase, but I wouldn't count on it.

Ranand
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are confused about the question I posed to Vanessa.  If the preorder does not happen at the same website for tomorrow does the trade-in retain the eligibility for the promotion as marked.

0 Likes
Hmcdaycare
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can we start the trade in process now before preorder or need to wait? I've tried to start and it's giving me an amount of $31 for my iphone 4. Is there a promotional code to be used to get the amount of $200? I'm eligible for upgrade and I get the whole purchase phone and wait for gift card deal. Just trying to understand how to get the correct amount for trade in through vzw. Sorry 🙂 bit confused here

0 Likes