No calls coming through iPhone 6 128GB
NUWildcats

I rarely get in bound calls when I'm home.  I have been at my current residence for nearly a year with no issue, but since about last month, I can't get any inbound phone calls.  My doorman can never get ahold of me when I have food deliveries or guests which is now a real pain.  My AT&T iPhone 6 which my company has given me works with no issue in my unit, but I can't keep using it for personal use.  I pay an arm and a leg for Verizon's "top tier" network.  I have tried reseting the phone and I have applied all updates.  I even sat patient for a month hoping this issue would go away.  What else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No calls coming through iPhone 6 128GB
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you aren't getting any Verizon signal, it is unlikely to change quickly.  Time to switch carriers.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

VZW does offer a network extender that helps some with little to no signal.  Give them a call and explain your issue and see what they can do to help.  Like it has been mentioned, it may also be time to consider a new carrier.

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

If it just started a month ago, something must have changed within the area. Call and have them to put in a network ticket for your area and see if its related to some service issue or interference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NUWildcats,

Being able to use your phone is definitely important so I understand your concern. Let's get you the service you deserve.

Is the issue only with receiving calls? Are you able to make calls? Do you experience this only while inside your home? Where are you located (zip)?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
NUWildcats

No the issue is with in and outbound calls...  I have to press up against my windows to get service I noticed. I only have this issue when I'm in my home. This just started about a month ago.  My zip is 60613

0 Likes
NUWildcats

Very true, my neighbors both have T-Mobile and they have no issue.  I was at the T-Mobile store today doing a little homework.  Plus T-Mobile is much much cheaper... Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi NUWildcats,

Thanks for the additional details! Lets dig a little deeper to get this issue resolved. Have there been any material changes in your home location within the last month like new siding, new roof, may a new antenna or remitter placed on the roof for another carrier? How far do you have to go from the building in order to receive a good signal back to the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
NUWildcats

No changes to the building I live in.  It completed construction last June.  Once I get to the lobby of my building I can a decent signal.  According to the building management there are no antennas or remitters anywhere on the property.

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah of course T-Mobile is much cheaper.....because they have a lot to compensate for. I had them within the Chicago area as well and service was horrendous for me. If you don't travel a lot then by all means go with T-Mobile, but if you do you'll regret it. Just my honest opinion and experience.