Re: Nightmare trade in and order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NorseArcher It really is sad to learn you feel this way. As a valued customer I’m sure you have experienced our wonderful customer service.  We are constantly improving the available forums and service we provide.  I would like you to know the value of a trade-in device is determined by supply and demand. I’m sending you the trade-in link so you can see the value of any device you may consider for a trade-in.  If we can do anything to change your opinion, please let us know.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Did they provide you a reason as to why you weren't given full credit for the devices you traded?

0 Likes
xalaga
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're talking about the promotional value, rather than the actual train-in value. I can see not getting the promo value if the phone is not in working condition, but then that should be clearly communicated.

Now, how long does it take to credit the account once the train-in is received? It's been like 3 weeks since the package was delivered and I see nothing. No credit, no email, the rep I talked to says to wait 1-2 billing cycles. Really?

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

There are many new customers cancelled their new lines or accounts after got the trade-in credit. I thought VZW just wanted you keep your lines active.

0 Likes
xalaga
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree there are too many abuses going on. I wouldn't mind waiting a few billing cycles as long as I know it's coming. The status of my submission always shows the following:

Please try again later. The system is currently unavailable.

The USPS tracking shows my trade-in was delivered 10/22. But, nothing. They keep telling me to wait 1-2 billing cycles, but they obviously have no clue and just want to get rid of me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
charliedd
Enthusiast - Level 2

we should be united and file a class action law suit against Verizon and its officer for the trade-in scam

xalaga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I sent you all the details but I have yet to hear back. Is it really that messed up?

I talked to a bunch of reps since, and the last one says the bill credit should show up by the next billing cycle. I'll believe it when I see it.

One explanation was the original number was disconnected due to a port-in and the trade-in was tied to the original number. But, it looks like any order of a back-ordered phone causes the trade-in submission to be cancelled and there is no way of fixing it.

kirtonart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am in lino 44 days of multiple phone calls and different mssages still not resolved

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xalaga, you mentioned getting the message “Please try again later. The system is currently unavailable.” Let’s retrace some steps to see what has lead to this.  Contained in the link is the FAQs for our trade-in,
http://spr.ly/6581BRY3J . Question 8 shows “8. What happens once I send my device to the Device Trade-in Program?” What was the final appraised value that you received in the email?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes