Nightmare trade in and order
BCM3

I placed my order for my new phone on October 5 after completing the trade in process. My phone has been on backorder since then. Today I found out that I  never receive a confirmation email (I didn't know I was supposed to) and that there is no record of the lock in of my trade. So that leaves me with a hundred dollars less on the trade in at this point. What can be done to match up the trade in with the order? I have been a Verizon customer for then years, and have never seen such a debacle in the system as this Iphone 6 mess. When you are promised a trade in value of $200.00 and a delivery date of 10/24, neither of which have happened, compounded by the lack of communication about the shipping delays, and now the problem with the trade in process somehow not being recorded...it makes me question why I am loyal to this company. What can be one about the botched trade in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nightmare trade in and order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BCM3,

I can understand your concern. I want to make sure that we get a chance to review a few things with you. Did you order the device online, in the store, or over the phone with an agent? What device are you looking to trade in? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dmarze
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trade in scam! I was promised 200.00 and just got the quote for 36.00. The phone was in perfect condition, looked new

And worked great. Been in a otter box since I bought it. The lady at the trade in center was no help at all and stated she could not help that I was told 200.00 on trade in. When I stated that I had been with AT&T for 12 yrs all she said was o well, I cant help.

I had 2 phones that I traded both perfect shape.this needs to be addressed b/c this is a blatant lie.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Many, many people have had the same issue you're describing.  Some have had a better outcome by being persistent...some no so.  Keep trying and fighting for the rest of your money you indeed know your device was in perfect condition...

AAAMRTNZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been in the same tug of war with a promised $200 credit for a trade in after falling for this Iphone6 offer. Its been 6 months going back and forth with the cellular store and the verizon ppl. They both keep avoiding the issue and refuse to take responsibility for it. Today, I finally spoke to a rep at the Trade in Recycling department and he gave me a promo code which he says was issued back when they received my device but apparently I cannot use it until it is "confirmed and signed off by upper management"? How ridiculous. I have been with Verizon for 8 years now but I am seriously looking to cancel but not before looking into a lawsuit....seems I am not the only one being scammed.

tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

Any updates?

DiamondsByAl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. They told me I would get $200 per phone on my line. After wording with 9 reps no one can get me what they advertised,. They are falsely advertising and they should be reprimanded for this.

DiamondsByAl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't trust Verizon's trade in program as it's a scam. They got me good with their false ads.

tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

Too late to see your post.

Jhallen
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son has the same problem someone should go to  the F T c