I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 and now iMessage isn't working
vsteinbrenner

I just went from an iPhone 5 to and iPhone 6. Maybe I activated it wrong? I followed the steps and put the SIM card from my 5 into the 6. I've turned off iMessage and facetime on the 5 however I can't recieve any iMessages. Sometimes I can send iMessages and sometimes i can't

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 and now iMessage isn't working
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Perhaps try doing a reset (holding power button and home button at the same time until the phone reboots).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Vsteinbrenner,

Congrats on your new iPhone 6! Let's get this fixed. Make sure the old iPhone is powered off. Try resetting the network settings on the device. Go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Then turn iMessages off/on. Keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vsteinbrenner

I've tried turning the device off and on and I've tried to reset the network settings with no luck. Text messages are working off and on however still no imessage. Currently it's "waiting for activation". Does my old iphone need to be deactivated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vsteinbrenner, it sounds like you solved your own mystery! Yes, you will need to disable messaging in your old iPhone in Settings>Messages. Additionally, we also recommend that you power that device off to ensure that your new device completely activates. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Denise539

This did not work for me, it is my first iPhone ,  iMessage  was working and now it just stopped, every time I try to activate ,  it fails. Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denise539,

We will get your iMessages activated! Please go ahead and Backup and Restore the phone via iTunes http://bit.ly/1yzaLdr while the phone is connected to your computer.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Denise539

I did the back up and restore and that did not work, any other suggestions ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denise539

Thank you trying those steps out. i want to you to review a few things on the phone.  Is you Cellular data turn on? Settings>Cellular Data should be green When you access "Messages" in settings, are you able to turn '"iMessage" on and off?  Provide us more details to resolve this today.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes