I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps.
Andie46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... instead Verizon just gave me $265 trade in even though I called several times to  ensure I would get it... after it happened I called again and Lissa, some representative acted like she would fix it but then quit answering my emails... Its such a bummer that verizon sucks so bad when they screw up.  Customer service from a real human is non existent and when you do talk to a human they pass you off to someone else who inevitably drops the  ball and you have to start all over.  I'll probably never get my money owed to me, but I sure am going to publicize the terrible customer service.

Labels (1)
Re: I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps. Verizon sucks for customer service when they screw up
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did they give you a reason as to why you were given less than the full amount? Such as the iPhone you turned in may have been a model not covered under the $650 promotion (not saying this is the case but don't know what model you had)? That's one reason you may have received less. But if you know you met the terms required and you have proof that your submission and purchase was done during the appropriate timeframe then definitely keep pushing for your full amount. Have the issue escalated. If necessary file a complaint. Some have said contacting the Better Business Bureau has helped. You can maybe search the forum for others that had the issue to see what they were successful at getting resolution

0 Likes
Re: I traded in my iPhone during the $650 promotion over 24 months... and then instead got $265 and no matter who i talk to, no one helps. Verizon sucks for customer service when they screw up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am really sorry to hear your trade in promotion didn't work out like you expected, Andie46. I would be asking the same questions if I were in your shoes. I sent you a private message so we can tackle this and find a solution. I look forward to your response.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Andie46
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, every time I call them, they tell me I did qualify for the 650 trade in and they tell me they are going to fix it and then they disappear.  The very last time I called last week, the guy who helped me told me he would sent me an email with a number included that would reference to our conversation and no.... nothing.  I have to start over every single time I call.  I get the feeling they are hoping that if they put me off long enough I will give up.  I will not forget this and I intend to publicize it as much as I can.

0 Likes
Andie46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already answered the private message and received no response.

0 Likes
Andie46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im contacting the better business bureau.  Absolutely no customer service was given.  No one follows through.  They all agree I followed all the rules for the promo but then they disappear and you get no where.  Terrible service, shame on you Verizon.  Ive been a customer for over 10 years and I regret it.

0 Likes
CHRISNSUE

This story doesn't surprise me at all. A few weeks ago I switched from a contract to the "new Verizon plan." When I realized I wouldn't be able to upgrade my phone to an iphone7 for $200 anymore, the CS rep reassured me that I'd get a $320 trade-in on my old phone, which would result in a much more affordable price than full retail for the new phones (although still not as good a deal as I would have gotten with a contract). She made NO MENTION of it being a promotion. I had no idea it was a time-limited deal. When I went to order a couple weeks later, my trade-in was now worth $71, making a difference of $500 for our two phones, and more than wiping out any cost-savings from the new Verizon plan. Even though I had the transcript IN WRITING in which I was promised that trade-in price, the new CSR I talked to refused to honor it and told me I was basically out of luck. I guess that's their answer to any customer service problems...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHRISNSUE  We want you to take advantage of special deals. We apologize for any miscommunication and like to see how we can help. Promotions are set to end at any given time without notice. Did you end up purchasing new phones or would you like for us to see if there are any promotions available to you?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I feel for ya.  I was to get a promo of 576 for my V10 trade in, gave me an old promo of 300.  I have called, chatted (yes have all chats) emailed, etc. And I seem to be getting the run around.  The 3rd month will be March, IF this is not corrected, I will contact the BBB to have it straightened out.  I know I am only going to receive 300 as I had an email from them.  And all contact info I have obtained along with chats and telephone conversations.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

psf2835 wrote:

I feel for ya. I was to get a promo of 576 for my V10 trade in, gave me an old promo of 300. I have called, chatted (yes have all chats) emailed, etc. And I seem to be getting the run around. The 3rd month will be March, IF this is not corrected, I will contact the BBB to have it straightened out. I know I am only going to receive 300 as I had an email from them. And all contact info I have obtained along with chats and telephone conversations.

What promo was that?   The only trade in promo for android was the $300 off promotion.  Or briefly $400 off the pixel.  Never saw any other dollar amounts.

If you traded in via device recycle program you wouldn't get that much.

0 Likes