I just bought a iphone 6 online and went to activate it only to find out that it is still in the last owners account name, i do not have their information, what can i do?
Thelostones2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

when I got the hone it looked factory reset but when I went to go through the setup process it says it is still under someone elses apple id, if anyone can give me advice on what I can do that would be great.

Labels (1)
Re: I just bought a iphone 6 online and went to activate it only to find out that it is still in the last owners account name, i do not have their information, what can i do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new phone and not being able to use it is a bummer, Thelostones2014. If the apple id is still connected to it you will most like have to reach out to the seller. You could try to restore through itunes to see if that will clear it out. Pull up itunes on computer> power phone off> hold home button while plugging into computer and wait for itunes symbol to show on phone or itunes to say phone found in recovery mode.
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I just bought a iphone 6 online and went to activate it only to find out that it is still in the last owners account name, i do not have their information, what can i do?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will need to contact the original owner. They need to remove the iPhone from their iCloud account and Find My iPhone. They can do this remotely. Here is the link with steps just in case they don't know what to do. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

0 Likes